Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Interest in write up comparing Silverstripe / ProcressWire / CraftCMS from a .NET developer point of viewBy MischaK
I'm someone who has been developing websites for a while, mostly doing full stack .NET development and ASP scripting before that, while using Silverstripe and some other PHP frameworks for some smaller projects which worked well enough for quite some time.
Now I have some time on my hands and decided to evaluate some different CMS options.
Diving in as a newbie into:
After a short while I decided that Wordpress was out while I'm still evaluating Craft and Processwire.
My question is, is there any interest here in reading about my experiences in trying to get the feature set I want up and running, with these other systems?
Any help appreciated.
I started with Joomla on this CMS parade. Then later I put my hands on Wordpress and eventually settled into Concrete 5. Recently I came to know about ProcessWire CMS, while I was looking for a better replacement for Concrete 5 in terms of robust, easiness, compact. I went through few Video tutorials of PW and read the documentation. The installation of PW was smoothy.
The concept of Page is awsome. I like the relation of Page, Fields & Templates. There are many things I can equal to Concrete 5 from ProcessWire, yet PW offers a tiny minimal, code level approach for CMS. We have full control over design & data. There are some pitfalls I felt such no sitewide settings, global logo setup etc but it is easily tackled with some API codes. PW api seems amazing, it is par with what Concrete 5 Offers.
I have done a simple website in ProcessWire now and going to do a lot further :
I used this CMS only in test phase and never on a Live site because I am still "Studying" it and I have some questions for you.
For a client that owns a Club (120 members) that has also a restaurant, I need to create a member website with these features:
1. The admin should be able to create custom filed for the members (Adress 1, Adress 2, Company, etc. etc.)
"Budget" will be one of this custom field: every member has an amount of money when they join the club. Money they can use for restaurant etc.
2. The admin will have a "Add Bill" function where he can add Bills from the restaurant for every member. The amount of the Bill will be then detracted to the Members budget.
Example: The member Kevin White has a budget of 1000 Euros, he goes to the restaurant and spends 20. Actualized budget: 980 Euros.
3. The admin will have a section called "Members" where he can see an overview of the members and the open bills they have to pay
4. The admin can creates events for members. The events can have maximum numbers of applications and every member can decide to come with someone.
5. The admin can send via email a report to the members with the Negativ "Balance".
1. Every member will have an overview of the Bills from the restaurant
2. Every member can join events.
That's it. So my main question is:
Can I do this with processwire?
When yes can please you suggest me the right modules?
Many many many thanks