PW 3.0.54: AdminThemeUikit beta release

ryan

Last week’s post indicated we may have the first [beta] version of the Uikit admin theme ready, and I’m glad to report that we’ve now got it ready for download on GitHub. In this post, we’ll describe what’s new, how to install it, and how to develop with it. 

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.54-and-adminthemeuikit/

• Like 22

Looks great! It would be nice to have admin demo updated, so lazy ones like myself can try it too

No problem – I've updated the "regular" demo site to use this latest version of the admin. It's not all that different from the one that was there, but does have the new offcanvas nav and several other minor tweaks that weren't present before. If you check it out,  and you checked out the previous iteration, you probably want to clear your cache or login with incognito mode, as the demo site has some aggressive cache control headers and I neglected to update the css/js version links.:o  http://demo.processwire.com/regular/processwire/ u: bloguser p: processwire3

• Like 4

It looks really nice, and works well on my test site. However, I've grown so accustomed to having the side bar in Reno, that I miss it here on the desktop. I see you've made a great side bar for mobile devices though. Having such so much screen real estate (hurray for the responsive full width experience!), could you make it (optionally?) available for larger screen sizes too? 

Great work Ryan!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, eelkenet said:

Having such so much screen real estate (hurray for the responsive full width experience!), could you make it (optionally?) available for larger screen sizes too?

Ryan said as much in the blog post:

Part of the intention with supporting all this in the offcanvas sidebar is to provide a good solution for admin themes that opt to use a sidebar (rather than masthead) for primary navigation. So now we've got a sidebar solution that is ready-to-use and style, whether just used as a mobile offcanvas navigation, or for an actual sidebar navigation.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've been working a little bit with this new theme - it's great, and I'm looking forward to the full release. I've come across one issue so far.

I'm aiming for CKEditor to use as many default UIKit styles/classes as possible, and so I updated ProcessPageEditImageSelect to use the UIkit Align classes (uk-align-right etc), but I can only get this to work if I disable the HTML Purifier. If enabled it strips the classes out.

I've had a hunt to try and figure out how to add them as exceptions, but MarkupHTMLPurifier is called from the InputfieldCKEditor module, and there doesn't appear to be any way to add any exceptions in the InputfieldCKEditor module? I see that it checks ProcessPageEditLink for "AllowedFrameTargets" but not ProcessPageEditImageSelect for image classes?

Cheers,

Chris

NB Communication