benbyf

session->login($u,$p); what can the $u be?

11 posts in this topic

quick question, can the $username in login() be email OR username, or anything else?

6 minutes ago, benbyf said:

quick question, can the $username in login() be email OR username, or anything else?

Two options:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/1716-integrating-a-member-visitor-login-form/?page=4#comment-89599

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/1716-integrating-a-member-visitor-login-form/?page=4#comment-89616

You should read about the pros and cons of each.

1 person likes this

Great options @adrian.

Strangely, I only asked as when login in with login() on my site it already allows either, which i thought was strange.

2 hours ago, benbyf said:

Strangely, I only asked as when login in with login() on my site it already allows either, which i thought was strange.

Something sounds wrong there - are you sure you don't have something else that is handling the email to username check? I don't see anything in the login method to handle an email: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/35df716082b779de0e53a3fcf7996403c49c9f8a/wire/core/Session.php#L704 and it doesn't work for me.

@adrian Could it be that if the name and email are the same but the sanitizer is changing @ to - and thus making them equivalent?

If you used the email for the name it does indeed work.

1 person likes this

@adrian so i'm right in saying if the name is stored as e.g. yourname-web.com

then both yourname-web.com and yourname@web.com log me in.

1 minute ago, benbyf said:

@adrian so i'm right in saying if the name is stored as e.g. yourname-web.com

then both yourname-web.com and yourname@web.com log me in.

That makes sense for sure. When I sent you those other links, I assumed that the usernames would be different to the email address.

1 person likes this

ok, well something to bare in mind and maybe something that needs remedying or not. @ryan?

On 1/13/2017 at 2:42 PM, benbyf said:

ok, well something to bare in mind and maybe something that needs remedying or not. @ryan?

Would be nice to know, if you can use this as a feature :-) It would make a custom front-end login with email easier (if you make sure email-address updates are reflected to the username as well).

1 person likes this

using both at the moment to login, email and username created by PW out of the email.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gebeer
      Hello,
      I have a Process module with a user dashboard and I would like to have the user page edit screen at a custom URL 'myprofile'.
      I cannot use the default profile edit page because it does not support tabbed interfaces.
      The method for executing the user edit page from within my module looks like this
      public function ___executeMyprofile() { $processUser = $this->modules->get('ProcessUser'); return $processUser->executeEdit(); } The user edit screen displays when I go to /dashboard/myprofile. But the request is redirected several times and I end up at the URL /access/users/edit/?id=5522 which I wanted to avoid.
      This happens because of this line in ProcessPageEdit.module.
      I guess the solution lies in hooking into the ___loadPage() method from within my Process module. But, honestly, I have no clue on how to put the pieces together.
      So I need some pointers on how to best achieve the goal of having the current user's edit page under a custom URL in the admin area, ideally in the scenario of a custom Process module.
      Any help would be much appreciated.
      EDIT:
      I tried some variations of hooking like
      public function ___executeMyprofile() { $this->addHookBefore("ProcessPageEdit::loadPage", $this, "interceptRedirect"); $processUser = $this->modules->get('ProcessUser'); return $processUser->executeEdit(); } protected function interceptRedirect(HookEvent $event) { $event->replace = true; $event->return = $this->user; } but the hook is not being executed at all. Also when placing the call to the hook in my Process module's init() method. Also when using an After hook and not replacing the hooked method. No luck so far...
    • By Mustafa Online
      Hello PW Lovers! i know that i can edit user template (Profile) and add as many fields as i want,
      But i wanna know if i can create pages and associate them to users, For Example: what if i have a users system & each
      user has a profile + custom page with personal info, and any user could edit his own page - Thanx 
    • By Alex L
      Hello Community,

I have read that I get no support on GitHub. For this reason I am here for the second time.

The thing is that I enabled a fresh Processwire installation and under https://processwire.wpzweinull.ch/processwire no page is found.

The admin login is thus not possible. How can I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance, Alexander
    • By maddmac
      I would like to redirect users from a specific role group to a specific URL upon login. Any thought on how to accomplish this?
    • By GKrabach
      Greetings PW community - I've got a site that I inherited, but brought it down to a local dev server (Ubuntu) in order to make changes before pushing those to the live version. I have the database connection setup and content displays as expected however I can't login. 
      Environment info: 
      ProcessWire 3.0.33 PHP 7 MySQL Ubuntu server Admin url changed (to clients name ) Initial scenario: I can access the admin login page just fine, however when I was submitting the request I was receiving the CSRF login error ("This request was aborted because it appears to be forged"), so I went and found the login troubleshooting guide: https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/troubleshooting-guide/page2. I took the following steps to debug:
      Verified that there is enough space left on HD to create the session file. Verified that the /site/assets/ subfolders exist and set permissions to 777 for testing Verified config.php is set to at least 644 (it is 777 now on my dev box for testing purposes) Disabled CSRF, session fingerprinting & session challenge in config.php I have installed an original copy of ProcessWire 3.0.33's index.php After this, I stopped getting the forged attempt error, but now it was processing the login form submission and coming back to the login page w/o any errors or success message. So I enabled some logging: 
      Enabled debug in config.php (not receiving any on screen errors) Tailed apache error logs Through tailing the logs I found that it was having an issue with sendmail (trying to use it, but sendmail wasn't installed). So I installed sendmail and configured it. Now it takes forever (approx. 4.5 minutes) to processes, and I'm not receiving any errors in the apache logs, and no errors are reported on screen when it finally completes/timesout.