Each page would display any tag that was added to it as a link; the link goes to a page where all other pages sharing that tag are listed, quite basic.
In my attempts to do this I have been reading up, posting, getting help (thank you patient helpers), trying, failing and have slightly run aground. I know instinctively from the little I've done with PW that this is going to be easy, when I can see 'how'. These are the three threads I've been looking at, but perhaps each was not quite what I am trying to do and that, plus my PHP weakness, stopped me succeeding.
These are my assumptions as to what I would do:
- have an AsmSelect field called "tags" on each page in the Admin so content authors may select or add tags per page
- have a page below Home called "tags" which will have a child page per tag
- don't have a .php file for the "tags" page (is that right?)
- don't have a .php file for each children page of the "tags" page
- use a file-less template for the "tags" page and children pages and that template to include only the title field (is that right?)
- use my main/single .php template file for all pages and detect if it is being used to display tag-related content and change its outs put accordingly.