Hey, I'm new and I created a simple module for tagging pages because I didn't found a module for it (sadly this is not a core feature). This module is licensed under the GPL3 and cames with absolutly no warranty at all. You should test the module before using it in production environments. Currently it's an alpha release. if you like the module or have ideas for improvements feel free to post a comment. Currently this fieldtype is only compatible with the Inputfield I've created to because I haven't found  an Inputfield yet, that returns arrays from a single html input.

Greetings Sebi2020

FieldtypeTags.zip.asc

InputfieldTagify.zip

InputfieldTagify.zip.asc

FieldtypeTags.zip

• Like 4

Hello @Sebi2020 , welcome to the forums! 

Could you explain a little further? How your module differs from the standard way of creating tags as pages and using a page field to link the tags to other pages?

• Like 1

Nice one @Sebi2020!

Maybe you could look at enhancing the module by allowing the configuration of some Tagify options within the field settings. In particular I'm thinking it would be good to be able to set the "whitelist" and "maxTags" options.

@Robin S Thank you for your feedback. In fact I planned to add this features in the next release. I also planned to add autocomplete suggestions based on the already existing tags. 

@Sergio My intention was to store tags in page fields instead of creating a page for every tag you add. By doing so you only need one page/template whcih displays all pages with a given tag. As far as I know the philosophy behind ProcessWire is "Everything is a page" but I don't like to clutter my tree with a page for every tag and in my opinion it's very time consuming to create a page for every tag. 

@flydev Thanks!

Currently I don't know the API very well so I don't know if there is a way to fetch all entries of a given field and not just for the current page.  I would prefer to use the API instead of using the DatabasePDO class.

Edited by Sebi2020

43 minutes ago, Sebi2020 said:

in my opinion it's very time consuming to create a page for every tag.

Lots of solutions for this from a simple API foreach, to the Batch Child Editor module or even this http://modules.processwire.com/modules/admin-actions-unordered-list-to-pages/

Everyone baulks at the everything is a page at first, but the benefits become apparent and it's actually very elegant and more importantly very flexible if you need to change things down the road.

Not saying there isn't a place for what you have built - just say that there are multiple way to skin a cat 🙂

• Like 2

Most of the page fields (like autocomplete) allow creating new pages on the fly, while editing the actual article page. 

But I totally see place for modules like this (they are always faster to configure for example). 

• Like 1

I just released version 2 of InputfieldTagify:

You can download the zip file from Github:
https://github.com/Sebi2020/InputfieldTagify/releases/tag/v0.0.2

@Robin S

It now supports configuration of predefined whitelist entries (in this case auto-suggestions) and allows you to enable additional delimiters like spaces and semicolons. I plan to include a option for specifying limits on tags in the next release.

Greetings Sebi2020

• Like 3

I've just released a new pre-release of FieldtypeTags and InputfieldTagify

New features include:

• FieldtypeTags
    • Retrieval of all tags:
      $this('modules')->get('FieldtypeTags')->getAllTags();

• Retrieval of all pages for a specific tag: 
      $this('modules')->get('FieldtypeTags')->getPagesByTag("tagname");

• InputfieldTagify
    • Specification of tag limits

Downloads:
FieldtypeTags v0.1.0-pre: https://github.com/Sebi2020/FieldtypeTags/releases/tag/v0.1.0-pre
InputfieldTagify v0.1.0-pre: https://github.com/Sebi2020/InputfieldTagify/releases/tag/v0.1.0-pre 

Greetings Sebi2020

P.S:  Comments appreciated

Edited by Sebi2020
  • Like 1

Thanks for the updates!

I spotted a few little issues in InputfieldTagify...

There are quotes missing around version, autoload and singular in getModuleInfo(): https://github.com/Sebi2020/InputfieldTagify/blob/354acf86ac88baa8c257523cd093ec202c573fe0/InputfieldTagify.module#L18-L20

PHP gives a warning that InputfieldTagify::renderReady() and InputfieldTagify::___processInput() should be compatible with the methods of the Inputfield class that the module extends.

So for renderReady() I think you want:

public function renderReady(Inputfield $parent = null, $renderValueMode = false) {
	$this->addClass("tagify-input");
	return parent::renderReady($parent, $renderValueMode);
}

And for ___processInput():

public function ___processInput(WireInputData $input) {
    //...

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply!

2 hours ago, Robin S said:

Thanks for the updates!

I spotted a few little issues in InputfieldTagify...

There are quotes missing around version, autoload and singular in getModuleInfo(): https://github.com/Sebi2020/InputfieldTagify/blob/354acf86ac88baa8c257523cd093ec202c573fe0/InputfieldTagify.module#L18-L20P

Why do you think there must be quotes? ProcessWire  is happy with booleans and integers. Even the core-modules are written in the same way:

return array(
			'title' => 'Text',
			'version' => 100,
			'summary' => 'Field that stores a single line of text',
			'permanent' => true, 
			);

from wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeText.module

2 hours ago, Robin S said:

So for renderReady() I think you want:

public function renderReady(Inputfield $parent = null, $renderValueMode = false) {
	$this->addClass("tagify-input");
	return parent::renderReady($parent, $renderValueMode);
}

And for ___processInput():

public function ___processInput(WireInputData $input) {
    //...

When do you get this warnings? I cannot reproduce that (with E_ALL enabled in php.ini). 

Which PHP Version did you use? With my Version 7.0.28 everything seems to be fine.

Greetings Sebi2020

6 minutes ago, Sebi2020 said:

Why do you think there must be quotes? ProcessWire  is happy with booleans and integers. Even the core-modules are written in the same way:

return array(
			'title' => 'Text',
			'version' => 100,
			'summary' => 'Field that stores a single line of text',
			'permanent' => true, 
			);

from wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeText.module

I'm talking about the array keys, not the values. If you use a string as an array key the string has to be in quotes or else it is interpreted as a constant. In the FieldtypeText example you show the keys are correctly within quotes.

8 minutes ago, Sebi2020 said:

When do you get this warnings? I cannot reproduce that (with E_ALL enabled in php.ini)

I recommend installing Tracy Debugger - it is good at picking up errors that can otherwise be missed.

2019-02-09_205346.png.4d3a3d166798714cffb86538e3055199.png

Oh this was a careless of mine. Thank you for your feedback.

I've just uploaded a new commit which should fix these warnings. I haven't enabled debug mode causing the warnings to be hidden.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetto
      SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire
      Snipcart is a powerful 3rd party, developer-first HTML/JavaScript shopping cart platform. SnipWire is the missing link between Snipcart and the content management framework ProcessWire.
      With SnipWire, you can quickly turn any ProcessWire site into a Snipcart online shop. The SnipWire plugin helps you to get your store up and running in no time. Detailed knowledge of the Snipcart system is not required.
      SnipWire is free and open source licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0! A lot of work and effort has gone into development. It would be nice if you could donate an amount to support further development:

Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development
      2020-07-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.7 (beta) released! Fixes some small bugs and adds an indicator for TEST mode 2020-04-06 -- SnipWire 0.8.6 (beta) released! Adds support for Snipcart subscriptions and also fixes some problems 2020-03-21 -- SnipWire 0.8.5 (beta) released! Improves SnipWires webhooks interface and provides some other fixes and additions 2020-03-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.4 (beta) released! Improves compatibility for Windows based Systems. 2020-03-01 -- SnipWire 0.8.3 (beta) released! The installation and uninstallation process has been heavily revised. 2020-02-08 -- SnipWire 0.8.2 (beta) released! Added a feature to change the cart and catalogue currency by GET, POST or SESSION param 2020-02-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.1 (beta) released! All custom classes moved into their own namespaces. 2020-02-01 -- SnipWire is now available via ProcessWire's module directory! 2020-01-30 -- SnipWire 0.8.0 (beta) first public release! (module just submitted to the PW modules directory) 2020-01-28 -- added Custom Order Fields feature (first SnipWire release version is near!) 2020-01-21 -- Snipcart v3 - when will the new cart system be implemented? 2020-01-19 -- integrated taxes provider finished (+ very flexible shipping taxes handling) 2020-01-14 -- new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 -- orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 -- list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 -- dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 -- taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 -- FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 -- SnipWire will be free and open source Plugin Key Features
      Fast and simple store setup Full integration of the Snipcart dashboard into the ProcessWire backend (no need to leave the ProcessWire admin area) Browse and manage orders, customers, discounts, abandoned carts, and more Multi currency support Custom order and cart fields Process refunds and send customer notifications from within the ProcessWire backend Process Abandoned Carts + sending messages to customers from within the ProcessWire backend Complete Snipcart webhooks integration (all events are hookable via ProcessWire hooks) Integrated taxes provider (which is more flexible then Snipcart own provider) Useful Links
      SnipWire in PW modules directory SnipWire Docs (please note that the documentation is a work in progress) SnipWire @GitHub (feature requests and suggestions for improvement are welcome - I also accept pull requests) Snipcart Website  

---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----

• By Juergen
      Hello @ all!
      I want to share a simple fieldtype and inputfield to store address data with you.
      I have created this inputfield for learning purposes and it has no fancy functionality. It is simply for storing address data such as street, number, postalcode and so on in one table. As an addition you can store latitude and longitude too, so you can use them in maps.
      Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

You can select which fields are mandatory and you can choose if the inputs for longitude and latitude should be displayed. These settings can be configured in the field configuration.
      If you find this inputfield useful you can download it at https://github.com/juergenweb/FieldtypeSimpleAddress
      There you will find a detailed explanation. If you have an idea of an usefull feature that can be added or you have detected a bug, please report it in my github account.

• By Sten
      Hello
      Till now I hacked something with the twig template but it works no more with new PW versions so I look forward to create a module. I am working on a site in multiple languages : French, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Russian. The new posts are entered in any language with a field for language. Till now, I got twig files to get the translations with constants defined for each part of the pages.
      So I'd like to create a module to include theses files added according to the url /fr/en/...
      Have you some observations to do before I begin about the direction to take ?
      Thank you
    • By ukyo
      Mystique Module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF
      Github repo : https://github.com/trk/Mystique
      Mystique module allow you to create dynamic fields and store dynamic fields data on database by using a config file.
      Requirements
      ProcessWire 3.0 or newer PHP 7.0 or newer FieldtypeMystique InputfieldMystique Installation
      Install the module from the modules directory:
      Via Composer:
      composer require trk/mystique Via git clone:
      cd your-processwire-project-folder/ cd site/modules/ git clone https://github.com/trk/Mystique.git Module in live reaction with your Mystique config file
      This mean if you remove a field from your config file, field will be removed from edit screen. As you see on youtube video.
      Using Mystique with your module or use different configs path, autoload need to be true for modules
      Default configs path is site/templates/configs/, and your config file name need to start with Mystique. and need to end with .php extension.
      Adding custom path not supporting anymore !
      // Add your custom path inside your module class`init` function, didn't tested outside public function init() { $path = __DIR__ . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'configs' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; Mystique::add($path); } Mystique module will search site/modules/**/configs/Mystique.*.php and site/templates/Mystique.*.php paths for Mystique config files.
      All config files need to return a PHP ARRAY like examples.
      Usage almost same with ProcessWire Inputfield Api, only difference is set and showIf usage like on example.
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; /** * Resource : testing-mystique */ return [ 'title' => __('Testing Mystique'), 'fields' => [ 'text_field' => [ 'label' => __('You can use short named types'), 'description' => __('In file showIf working like example'), 'notes' => __('Also you can use $input->set() method'), 'type' => 'text', 'showIf' => [ 'another_text' => "=''" ], 'set' => [ 'showCount' => InputfieldText::showCountChars, 'maxlength' => 255 ], 'attr' => [ 'attr-foo' => 'bar', 'attr-bar' => 'foo' ] ], 'another_text' => [ 'label' => __('Another text field (default type is text)') ] ] ]; Example:
      site/templates/configs/Mystique.seo-fields.php <?php namespace ProcessWire; /** * Resource : seo-fields */ return [ 'title' => __('Seo fields'), 'fields' => [ 'window_title' => [ 'label' => __('Window title'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXT, // or InputfieldText 'useLanguages' => true, 'attr' => [ 'placeholder' => __('Enter a window title') ] ], 'navigation_title' => [ 'label' => __('Navigation title'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXT, // or InputfieldText 'useLanguages' => true, 'showIf' => [ 'window_title' => "!=''" ], 'attr' => [ 'placeholder' => __('Enter a navigation title') ] ], 'description' => [ 'label' => __('Description for search engines'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXTAREA, 'useLanguages' => true ], 'page_tpye' => [ 'label' => __('Type'), 'type' => Mystique::SELECT, 'options' => [ 'basic' => __('Basic page'), 'gallery' => __('Gallery'), 'blog' => __('Blog') ] ], 'show_on_nav' => [ 'label' => __('Display this page on navigation'), 'type' => Mystique::CHECKBOX ] ] ]; Searching data on Mystique field is limited. Because, Mystique saving data to database in json format. When you make search for Mystique field, operator not important. Operator will be changed with %= operator.
      Search example
      $navigationPages = pages()->find('my_mystique_field.show_on_nav=1'); $navigationPages = pages()->find('my_mystique_field.page_tpye=gallery');