Module licensing

GPL states that you can reuse any part of ProcessWire for free as long as you're including the license, link to it and you're not charging for it. As your module does not work without ProcessWire itself (not standalone) the part of providing the license text seems to be not that important, as it's in the core installation. With this being said, everything which is not a copy of something in the core is more or less your work / composed by you using the available tools. As a module is always something new to the code the core provides (if not it's not worth publishing) there shouldn't be a problem with copies. For your work you're free to choose any license you want.

• Like 1

I think that was the same conclusion that was drawn in a similar topic (can't remember where it is now).

The suggestion was I think that since the API abstracts modules away from the core functions you're not actually using any of the core code, just accessing it via the API.

Probably someone will find the link to the other topic now where I will have said something completely different :)