ckeditor and tweet embedding

Marty Walker

Hello,

I have a client that needs to be able to embed tweets into a ckeditor body field. I've turned ACF and HTML purifying to off. All I get is the embed code block wrapped in a <p>:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You can pursue photography for the pure enjoyment of it. No fine art photography ambitions necessary. You'll be ok.</p>— Bryan Formhals (@bryanformhals) <a href="
">January 4, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've tried throwing jQuery to unwrap the blockquote from the <p> but no go either? How do I do it?

Hi Adrian,

No, pasting straight into the editor. Hanna probably wouldn't be. I'm trying to avoid using it because it adds 50MB to my install.

@Macrura: Thanks but that thread doesn't make sense to me but I'l have a crack at installing that plugin.

No, pasting straight into the editor. Hanna probably wouldn't be. I'm trying to avoid using it because it adds 50MB to my install.

Wouldn't it need to be pasted into HTML mode? Did CkEditor use to support pasting html into the main view? I think I am missing something :)

I always knew Hanna took a little while to download - I never realized just how big the bundles ACE is. I don't really understand when owzim's new ACE module is only 1.6MB. Perhaps Ryan needs to trim that down - looks like it includes source code, demos etc. But, that said, why does it matter to install it - it's not like those source code files are doing anything.

Hope the plugin that Macrura pointed out helps!

I always knew Hanna took a little while to download - I never realized just how big the bundles ACE is. 

As someone told me in the ACE editor thread, you can just skip ACE when uploading to production. You shouldn't change the hanna codes there any way and that's the source of the big overall file size. The module itself is not larger than others.