Testament to PW

Peter Knight

Here's a nice little PW story.

Working on a large-ish PW site at the moment. I'm not dealing directly with the business owner right now. Rather, my contact & client is a friend of the business owner. Having provided him with login details and a PW admin account, we agreed that the business owner should not yet be given login details.

We've a few months before training is supposed to begin and site needs a little back-end housekeeping. IE

• fields need to be labelled correctly
  • templates named more sensibly etc.

I discovered recently that the business owner had prematurely been given login details and is already making content changes:)

This is so contrary to my client experiences with other CMS's that it's cheered me right up.

Normally, even after extensive training, clients can

• choose the wrong templates
  • have problems uploading and adding images
  • generally have *some* issues adding content

This is not a fault of the client but rather a problem with the CMS thats built for technical end-users instead of content editors.

It just confirms to be completely why PW is the right CMS for this site. And BTW, the business owner isn't very tech-savvy and has never used a CMS before.

• Like 16

I have found that building sites with other cms's in the end it is often a case of trying to somehow remove all the other parts in the admin that are not needed.

With Processwire it is the total opposite. When building the website the parts that are needed are just naturally built up in development with no added clutter or unneeded features to confuse the client.

• Like 7