ProcessGcalEmbed

netcarver

Just posted a new module to github that simply displays a google calendar in a new calendar page in the Admin interface. It's meant to go hand-in-hand with Ryan's MarkupLoadGcal module. There's really not much else to say about it other than it uses the new module config class so you'll need to be running an up-to-date dev version to be able to use this.

Here's a shot of the config page...

post-465-0-99612600-1414092327_thumb.png

...and here's what the calendar page is like...

post-465-0-16162900-1414092326_thumb.png

Please note, this module only embeds the calendar; the event you see listed under the calendar in the screenshot above is added by hooking this module's execute() method and extending the output. The hook method uses Ryan's MarkupLoadGcal module to pull events out of the calendar's feed and then appends them under the calendar.

ProcessGcalEmbed in the module repository.

ProcessGcalEmbed on Github.

• Like 9

Very nice. I would have considered this for my last project a few weeks ago. I found theming is too limited for the embedded calendar, so I ended up using a fullcalendar fork on Github that added a Google-style agenda view. Still not ideal, but a rather nice interactive calendar without iframes. It would be worth taking a look at if you're wanting to add more flexibility.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

A few questions about this Gcal embed:

• I have more than one Google Calendar but on the PW page I can only see my primary calendar, which is private, but not a secondary. Is it possible to show it as well?
  • Can I change the view from month to week?
  • Is it possible to add or edit events from within PW?