30.000 EUR IN 20 DAYS!!

Basil

Hi! i am sure you already have this idea but i want to tell you my point of view!

I love PROCESSWIRE but i am not good in programing, i used to use other cms but i cant think my self of going back to them, after i play a litle with processwire.

my point is that if Ryan and other Programers from this forum give a litle or more time to wright a book for processwire, but in a way of complete tutorials of most common uses of websites, for example Real Estate website, a Travel Agency booking website, a Shoping Cart, a Buisness presantation site, a Portfolio site, a Blog, a Forun, i am sure you will think more cases!

And all this after book is finished and the code tested you can post them to Site Profiles, imagine the new people that this site profiles with a book that explain in great details how they developed will come, one help the other and both help processwire to be the top cms for everybody.

But the examples must be in very detaild and explaind in depth so a non programer like me can follow and allso give some useful common examples, this way you dont have to answer questions again and again.

Now the benefits:

1) Lets say 1000 people i am sure it will be a lot more!! buy the book in first 20 days x 30 euros (wich i think is a good price) for the book in pdf profit: 30.000 euros lets say 3 people get involved 10.000 each!! and money comming with each sale, and with all good karma because you are helping others..

2) for people like me the help to addapt processwire!

3) for processwire (imagine all the people who like it but dont find the time to search in forum, and read tutorials that come close but not so close.. i know book allso need time but in book you know at the end you have build what you want)

4) for the people involve in this book i belevie that it will help them to get more skills that already have

Thank you very much and i hope it will come true soon!!

@Basil - fine suggestion, however here is my humble opinion:

- processwire is a developers tool.

- actually there already is a resource even better than a book: the forum.

- no 2 sites will ever be the same, and consequently these tutorials would have limited value.

- shopping carts are a breeze with foxycart, i mean like 5 minutes a breeze (for an initial integration, and then the sky is the limit)

- travel agency..sounds like there could already be a purpose built system for this? this sort of thing would be not for the faint of heart..

- i don't think anyone here would gamble the time it would take to write such a book, and maybe your estimates are a bit high.

- you can promote good karma by "flattr"-ing those developers who have flattr accounts (Soma, David-Karich)....

cheers!

• Like 3

Pw book has been discussed many times before and would definitely be worth it. But little math error in your calculation. If 100 people buys 30 euros book, it will give 3000 euros, not 30 000.

• Like 1

@Basil - thanks and of course that Ohm Speakers search owes everything to the skyscrapers profile...

i really think once your mind gets processwired, you'll have a sudden epiphany about how to accomplish anything.