Best (any?) video tutorials to follow?

Kevin C. McCarthy

I am desperate to learn how to you ProcessWire to it's fullest potential, and while the documentation is great and always appreciated, I simply can't follow along because it gets way too technical without really showing how applicable and versatile it can be. Then again, I'm almost a moderate understanding of PHP and no experience with APIs or programming JavaScript—so it's probably leagues ahead of where I am at the moment. That said, I learn best by watching and the doing. Think Codecademy or FreeCodeCamp. I was wonder if there are any video tutorials or walk-through lessons to give me a greater understanding of ProcessWire and how to utilize it effectively.

For some background, I'm great with WordPress and I'm great with writing websites by hand with Notepad only. The biggest hurdles I have with PW is the phrasing is so far left of WP at times that it's a massive hurdle for me to get over. Like in WP, themes, templates, etc are totally different things. And as someone who builds WP sites for a living, it gets hard to kill those old preconceived meanings.

I want to start building out PW sites for numerous reasons. For one, most of my clients they would benefit from it vs the Bloated Beast. Two, it would allow me to differentiate me in a market saturated by WP devs. I know I have a long ways to go until I reach that point of considering myself a "PW dev", but I am desperate for resources to help me wrap my head around it.

I've built my own website in PW but TBH it only handles some of the data while most of the text has been hard-coded into the PHP template files because I couldn't get my my head around the "best practice" of structuring the data.

Anyway, enough rambling, I'm just hoping those of you in the community can point me to easily-digestible sources out there that can help move me along so I can actually benefit from using the platform. Thank you!