Rental cottage site

mangopo

Like it so much. Just wondering how you have done login for cottage owner's admin panel. Have you created your own cottage ownser's admin panel or used PW's admin screen?

Looking forward to seeing your final version of your site.

Hello mangopo,

I looked at your site, looks good. I have seen a detail though that is not working on all browsers apparently: At the very top the text in the black bar gets cut off when looking at your site with Firefox (current, 24.0) under Windows7. I have not tested with anything else, just happened to see this and wanted to point it out to you. I´m attaching a screenshot (only the relevant part) so you see what I mean.

Greetings

post-1762-0-38180300-1381135600_thumb.jp

WOW: Very nice, friendly and clean Design. I especially like the use of subtle shadows, the 3d buttons and how you are using the curved angles! 

From a frontend POV: You could save a lot of requests and kilobytes (500!) by minifying and gzipping your js/css resources (i'm using grunt for concatenation and minification). And you should definitly use schema.org data to enrich your content for search engines!

• Like 1

Wow pretty cool.

Can you describe short your techniques and modules that you use ? Would be very helpful for beginners like me. Have still little problems to switch the way from Modx to pw. Especially for the search with different placeholders. Like price size location

Like it so much. Just wondering how you have done login for cottage owner's admin panel. Have you created your own cottage ownser's admin panel or used PW's admin screen?

Looking forward to seeing your final version of your site.

Cottage owner's admin uses the same layout as the rest of the site. You can register yourself to have a look but don't add a cottage there :D

Hello mangopo,

I looked at your site, looks good. I have seen a detail though that is not working on all browsers apparently: At the very top the text in the black bar gets cut off when looking at your site with Firefox (current, 24.0) under Windows7. I have not tested with anything else, just happened to see this and wanted to point it out to you. I´m attaching a screenshot (only the relevant part) so you see what I mean.

Greetings

Hmm I haven't seen that in any test setups so it's very difficult to find a solution..

WOW: Very nice, friendly and clean Design. I especially like the use of subtle shadows, the 3d buttons and how you are using the curved angles! 

From a frontend POV: You could save a lot of requests and kilobytes (500!) by minifying and gzipping your js/css resources (i'm using grunt for concatenation and minification). And you should definitly use schema.org data to enrich your content for search engines!

I haven't done any optimizing yet and it runs on a quite slow shared hosting. It will be done later.

Wow pretty cool.

Can you describe short your techniques and modules that you use ? Would be very helpful for beginners like me. Have still little problems to switch the way from Modx to pw. Especially for the search with different placeholders. Like price size location

I didn't do the actual coding / setting up PW so I can't help, you can contact our coder. I think you learn a lot by experience and PW is quite intuitive.

Love it :)

I was naughty and searched for cottages available in the past and it still returns results, but not sure if availability is linked in yet?

Seems like a special case to search for past dates. Most cottage owners haven't updated their reservations.. Calendar is linked but have some small bugs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mangopo,

Greetings

Hmm I haven't seen that in any test setups so it's very difficult to find a solution.

Hi mangopopo,

Yes, I know how it is, sometimes very tricky. Sorry, hadn´t seen your answer here before so I only got back to it now.

I made another two screenshots: screenshot1 is while the page is loading and screenshot2 is when it is fully loaded.

Firefox 24.0,

Windows 7

Device Type: desktop

JavaScript: Enabled

Flash: Enabled

Screen: 1680x1050

Window: 1680x911

(It seems to be this way independently of screen and window size)

I hope this is of any help. You might try to use one of these online testing sites that automatically generate screenshots of your page on different plattforms/browsers. I have seen several free ones of those, but don´t have the links now.

Greetings, Joe

post-1762-0-48611400-1383387010_thumb.pn

post-1762-0-20969800-1383387012_thumb.pn

Hi!

I have found some mistakes on your site in russian.

1. In the main menu you need to change "Чаевые" to "Советы" (multiple meanings of the word, "чаевые" - this is what you give to the waiter)

2. H1 home-top-header - change "коттеджей в Финляндии" to "Коттеджи в Финляндии"

3. In the first selectbox "целая Финляндия" to "Вся Финляндия"

4. Main menu "Add your cottage" will be "Добавьте свой коттедж" or "Добавить коттедж"

If I find more, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

frontpage bottom right:

change
Das nächste mal wird das Mittsommer am 21. Juni 2014 gefeiert, traditionell in einer guten Gesellschaft in einer Ferienhaus an einem See.

to
Das nächste mal wird Mittsommer am 21. Juni 2014 gefeiert; traditionell in guter Gesellschaft, in einem Ferienhaus am See.

frontpage bottom left:

Buchen Sie ihr Quartier in Lappland rechtzeitig!

should better be:

Buchen Sie Ihre Unterkunft in Lappland rechtzeitig!
  • Like 1

Could someone have a look at the German version as well? :)

Sure, hope I can help!

Stunning design, by the way, I really like it!

But for your translation: In your navigational menu, you have an item "Add your cottage". This should be "Ferienhaus hinzufügen" in German.

Then you have "gesamtes Finnland" in your search options menu, which would be "All of Finland" in English. I would prefer a different expression here, like "All regions" which you have in the English version, so maybe just "Alle Regionen".

Also in the search menu, you have "Start" and "Ende". While that is quite alright, we usually have "Anreise" and "Abreise" for this in German. 

In your further search options, I was wondering what "Nahrungssuche" ("gathering food") in the activities section would mean. I suppose this indicates trips with local scouts showing where to go mushroom hunting etc.? So maybe "Pilzsuche" or "Beerensammeln" would be better.

I also did not understand immediately what "employee recreation" In the equipment part of your further search options would be (in German this does not get printed out fully also, but I have a small screen here). Is this "wellness", maybe? That would be "Wellness-Angebote", or "Wellness-Behandlungen" in German.

In the "summer 2014" part, the second sentence should be "Traditionell feiert man Mittsommer in guter Gesellschaft in einem Ferienhaus am See. Das nächste Mal findet Mittsommer am 21. Juni 2014 statt."

In your footer text, you have in German "Fügen Sie Ihre Unterkunft zum Datenspeicher hinzu". This should rather be "Fügen Sie Ihre Unterkunft zum Verzeichnis hinzu". The following link is called "Register". In German, this should be "Anmelden". 

Right next to this in the footer the headline for your login reads "Unterkunftsbesitzer". I would change this to "Login für Vermieter". 

In your listings overview page, I noticed that the uppermost part of each listing's headline is missing. 

From a usability point, I found the line indicating the number of results ("cottages found") almost unreadable in my browser setting because of low contrast.

In the individual listings pages, I would change "Hauptinfo" to "Übersicht", "Preisermittlung" to "Preise", and "text-reservations" to "Belegung" or "Belegungsplan".

Did I already mention that I really like your design?

Alex

• Like 1