Are URL segments indexable & search engine optimizable? Site-mappable? With or without SEO meta tags rendered in the native site template rendering the URL segment, drawing page data from a separate PW installation? if only rendering when the urlSegment1 matches the name of a page of a specified template with the same parent? I don't know how to test this locally. Thank you.

Before this ends in a yes, no, maybe, only with custom code answer:

Give this a good read: https://processwire.com/docs/front-end/how-to-use-url-segments/

URL segments might feel a bit off at first, but at the end it's only a smaller thing in-between.
The initial setup can be tricky but going from there it is like working with any other page or template.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While I'm not entirely sure about testing it locally, it sounds like an interesting area to explore. Incorporating SEO meta tags and ensuring proper URL structuring could definitely impact indexing and optimization. By the way, I recently came across an article that delves into boosting SEO for various practices, including chiropractic care. It might offer some valuable insights into your SEO endeavors https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/boost-your-practice-top-chiropractor-seo-tips-2024-outrank-smith-5jvic/.

On 2/5/2024 at 6:51 PM, hellomoto said:

Are URL segments indexable & search engine optimizable? Site-mappable?

As it is all urls and html content at the end the answer is yes to all of those questions. The difference is that you don't get a unique page object for a urlSegment as you do for a regular page. The urlSegment can show data from some other page though (as you mentioned).

You need to code all this. And there might be only a little or a lot of code. You need to start solving tasks one by one to find out all the answers.

On 2/5/2024 at 6:51 PM, hellomoto said:

I don't know how to test this locally.

I do not see any difference where to test it at. Surely, most of the time it is done in some sort of a test env. Locally is totally fine. But maybe there is some sort of a limitation at your external data provider. If so, elaborate on this and we will answer in more detail.

• Like 1