S.O.S I f***** up... I enabled access control for the "process" field = 503 error!

jonatan

So... I thought (for some stupid reason I can't even recall now no wait now I remember.. I wanted to hide the "Trash" for "editor" role users) that it'd be super duper smart to "Enable access control" for the field "process" on the admin template.... Really really stupid.... Now all I get is:

528107441_Skrmbillede2020-10-02kl_19_10_55.thumb.png.d56ff4223eafd353e5d671092c20acf8.png

– when I go to mywebsitedomain.com/admin

but.... my website domain.com and all its subpages works perfectly fine! So it's ONLY the /admin (processwire) which throws a 503 at me. 

??☠️???

S.O.S.

A long shot, but... if you open Adminer or phpMyAdmin, what does it show in the table "templates" for id 2?

pw-sql-template-admin.thumb.PNG.5605f9a2f0484f19d680b12b428d7ede.PNG

afaik, useRoles should be set to 1, and noGlobal set to 1 too (the rest shouldn't matter).

Replacing the wire folder won't help, cause the changes you made are stored in the DB (and even if it would be stored to the file-system, it would under site/).

So.. for anyone else being as stupid as I:

VERY luckily I had a previous .sql database export from when I moved from dev to prod site!

So I exported the current site's db and compared the two .sql files.

1330671675_Skrmbillede2020-10-02kl_19_35_34.thumb.png.40d5c28e455d9be0bdf93364a631131d.png

And I noticed this difference.

INSERT INTO `fieldgroups_fields` (`fieldgroups_id`, `fields_id`, `sort`, `data`) VALUES
(2, 2, 1, NULL)

I changed '{\"flagsAdd\":32}' back to NULL. Anddd ... drumrolll..... 

192853867_Skrmbillede2020-10-02kl_19_37_59.thumb.png.039c7109c4bcafd3fc070ecccebde761.png

Back was my beautiful AdminThemeBoss dearly beloved and missed PW adminarea loginscreen!

(Sorry for the inconvience and S.O.S signals... But you know.. maybe someone else will be as idiotic as me one day and find this useful?)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dragan said:

A long shot, but... if you open Adminer or phpMyAdmin, what does it show in the table "templates" for id 2?

afaik, useRoles should be set to 1, and noGlobal set to 1 too (the rest shouldn't matter).

Replacing the wire folder won't help, cause the changes you made are stored in the DB (and even if it would be stored to the file-system, it would under site/).

But thanks a thousand times though for the extremely quick S.O.S response @dragan !!! ❤️ Lots of love from here!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robin S said:

FYI, you can disable trash for non-superusers in the ProcessPageList module settings: https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.107-core-updates/#trash-for-all

Thanks @Robin S! I know and that's exactly the feature I had activated.. ? I wanted the non-superusers to be able to trash items, but not be able to see the "TRASH" page... But then again when I think about it know I guess it's perhaps stupid to have the ability to trash pages but not see the trash....?

The reason why was that I just wanted to make it easy for them to "bulk delete" a lot of pages... Or not really bulk but at least only having to hover over the page > ">" > "TRASH" which is easier than "EDIT" > "DELETE"(tab) > confirm > save.

And I guess I thought it to be easier for them / more user-friendly if they wouldn't be bothered with seeing the pages they've just trashed. But well then again I guess it's useful to see the trash if you delete something by accident

Personally, I don't allow non-superusers to see the trash and I like that they have to navigate to the Delete tab because I want them to think very carefully before they delete a page.

5 minutes ago, jonatan said:

Or not really bulk but at least only having to hover over the page > ">" > "TRASH" which is easier than "EDIT" > "DELETE"(tab) > confirm > save.

If you want to hide Trash (as per the setting mentioned above) but want to let non-superusers trash pages from Page List then you could look at this module:

• Like 1