cosmicsafari

Page Ref/Select field in Module Options?

Hi all,

Before I go potentially wasting time trying to achieve the impossible.

Can anyone confirm if its possible to have a Page Reference field on a modules config page?

I'm wanting to essentially just output a list of select able pages based on the a given selector (likely by template at this stage), wherein the select is the pages that the module should apply to etc. I was thinking a simple checkbox list would suffice is asmSelect isn't available.

Essentially have it display the same way a Page Reference field would display on a template, where you can easily select a bunch of them.

public function getInputfields() {

$inputfields = parent::getInputfields();

$f = $this->modules->get('InputfieldPage');
            $f->attr('name', 'testSelect');
            $f->setAttribute('multiple', 'checkboxes');
            $f->setAttribute('findPagesSelector', 'template=development');
            $f->label = 'Test';
            $inputfields->add($f);

return $inputfields;

}

Figured something akin to the above would work but can't seem to get rid of this warning on the modules config screen though.

image.thumb.png.13511ab5eae951c4d1b45df2b7373a1a.png

51 minutes ago, cosmicsafari said:

Can anyone confirm if its possible to have a Page Reference field on a modules config page?

yes confirmed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cosmicsafari said:

I haven't tried in a module's config but in a module and it works just fine.

Looking at your code (I could be wrong) I don't think you should be calling getInputfields(). That's for a page or field context. Something like below, maybe should work (untested):

$modules = $this->wire('modules');

$somethingAddPageItems = $modules->get('InputfieldPageAutocomplete');
$somethingAddPageItems->set('findPagesSelector', $pagesSelector);
$somethingAddPageItems->notes = $this->_('Start typing to search for pages');

// OR
// $somethingAddPageItems = $modules->get('InputfieldPageListSelectMultiple');
// $somethingAddPageItems->label = $this->_('Pages');
// OR
// $somethingAddPageItems = $modules->get('InputfieldAsmSelect');
// MORE CODE...
$form = $modules->get('InputfieldForm');
$form->add($somethingAddPageItems);

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ngrmm
      My clients wants a modal to show up on every page. But when a user clicks inside the modal -> a session-cookie is set and the modal gets a class.
      // user clicks on modal button $('.modal_button').click(function(){ // 1. set PW session cookie // 2. toggle class $('.modal').toggleClass('off'); }); I know how to set a cookie on page-load via PW-API. But the click on the modal button does not force a page-load. So i have to set the cookie through javascript. Is there a way to do that?
    • By VeiJari
      Hello,
      I'm trying to create a page via api and populate values to it. I can populate everything except user pages to a page reference array.
      Code: 
      $dataUsers = $data->project->users; foreach($dataUsers as $dataUser) { $newProject->projectUsers->add(wire()->pages->find('template=user, id=' . $dataUser->id)); } I'm receiving my data via JSON.
      Is there something I'm missing?
      Thanks for help
    • By VeiJari
      Hi, this is the first we are trying to make a page that has only one type of user that has access to every page. 
      The other users should only have a given access to specific pages, not to the whole template.
      My structure
      -Field -Organisation -Project -Report I want that the "measurer" role only has access to "project x" and it's children, but no view access to every project, organisation or field. I've tried to do this with https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-edit-per-user/ but it still needs a view access to the whole tree to see the "project x" page. Or is there something I haven't figured out?
      Maybe I have to make it via the API: a select field in the "organisation" template where the admins could add the users and then I use hook to update the privileges?
      Have you done something like this and how did you accomplish it?
      Any help would be appreciated.

• By Chris Bennett
      Hi all, I am going round and round in circles and would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.
      I am sure I am doing something dumb, or missing something I should know, but don't. Story of my life 😉

Playing round with a module and my basic problem is I want to upload an image and also use InputfieldMarkup and other Inputfields.
      Going back and forth between trying an api generated page defining Fieldgroup, Template, Fields, Page and the InputfieldWrapper method.

InputfieldWrapper method works great for all the markup stuff, but I just can't wrap my head around what I need to do to save the image to the database.
      Can generate a Field for it (thanks to the api investigations) but not sure what I need to do to link the Inputfield to that. Tried a lot of stuff from various threads, of varying dates without luck.
      Undoubtedly not helped by me not knowing enough.

Defining Fieldgroup etc through the api seems nice and clean and works great for the images but I can't wrap my head around how/if I can add/append/hook the InputfieldWrapper/InputfieldMarkup stuff I'd like to include on that template as well. Not even sure if it should be where it is on ___install with the Fieldtype stuff or later on . Not getting Tracy errors, just nothing seems to happen.
      If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, that would be great because at the moment I am stumbling round in the dark.

public function ___install() { parent::___install(); $page = $this->pages->get('name='.self::PAGE_NAME); if (!$page->id) { // Create fieldgroup, template, fields and page // Create new fieldgroup $fmFieldgroup = new Fieldgroup(); $fmFieldgroup->name = MODULE_NAME.'-fieldgroup'; $fmFieldgroup->add($this->fields->get('title')); // needed title field $fmFieldgroup->save(); // Create new template using the fieldgroup $fmTemplate = new Template(); $fmTemplate->name = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->fieldgroup = $fmFieldgroup; $fmTemplate->noSettings = 1; $fmTemplate->noChildren = 1; $fmTemplate->allowNewPages = 0; $fmTemplate->tabContent = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->noChangeTemplate = 1; $fmTemplate->setIcon(ICON); $fmTemplate->save(); // Favicon source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFavicon'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->gridMode = 'grid'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg png'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Favicon Silhouette source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFaviconSilhouette'; $fmField->label = 'SVG Silhouette'; $fmField->notes = 'When creating a silhouette/mask svg version for Safari Pinned Tabs and Windows Tiles, we recommend setting your viewbox for 0 0 16 16, as this is what Apple requires. In many cases, the easiest way to do this in something like illustrator is a sacrificial rectangle with no fill, and no stroke at 16 x 16. This forces the desired viewbox and can then be discarded easily using something as simple as notepad. Easy is good, especially when you get the result you want without a lot of hassle.'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Create: Open Settings Tab $tabOpener = new Field(); $tabOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen(); $tabOpener->name = 'fmTab1'; $tabOpener->label = "Favicon Settings"; $tabOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $tabOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabOpener->save(); // Create: Close Settings Tab $tabCloser = new Field(); $tabCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose; $tabCloser->name = 'fmTab1' . FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $tabCloser->label = "Close open tab"; $tabCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabCloser->save(); // Create: Opens wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesOpener = new Field(); $filesOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetOpen(); $filesOpener->name = 'fmOpenFolderName'; $filesOpener->label = 'Wrap Folder Name'; $filesOpener->class = 'inline'; $filesOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $filesOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesOpener->save(); // Create: Close wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesCloser = new Field(); $filesCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose(); $filesCloser->name = 'fmOpenFolderName' . FieldtypeFieldsetOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $filesCloser->label = "Close open fieldset"; $filesCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesCloser->save(); // Create Favicon Folder Name $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeText"); $fmField->name = 'folderName'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon Folder:'; $fmField->description = $this->config->urls->files; $fmField->placeholder = 'Destination Folder for your generated favicons, webmanifest and browserconfig'; $fmField->columnWidth = 100; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon('folder'); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesCloser); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabCloser); $fmFieldgroup->save(); /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Experimental Markup Tests $wrapperFaviconMagic = new InputfieldWrapper(); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('id','faviconMagicWrapper'); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('title',$this->_('Favicon Magic')); // field show info what $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $field->name = 'use'; $field->label = __('How do I use it?'); $field->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $field->icon('info'); $field->attr('value', 'Does this even begin to vaguely work?'); $field->columnWidth = 50; $wrapperFaviconMagic->add($field); $fmTemplate->fields->add($wrapperFaviconMagic); $fmTemplate->fields->save(); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Create page $page = $this->wire( new Page() ); $page->template = MODULE_NAME; $page->parent = $this->wire('pages')->get('/'); $page->addStatus(Page::statusHidden); $page->title = 'Favicons'; $page->name = self::PAGE_NAME; $page->process = $this; $page->save(); } }  
    • By marcus
      wireshell 1.0.0 is out    
      See Bea's post

-------- Original post -----------
        Now this one could be a rather long post about only an experimental niche tool, but maybe a helpful one for some, so stay with me   Intention Do you guys know "Artisan" (Laravel) or "Drush" (Drupal)? If not: These are command line companions for said systems, and very useful for running certain (e.g. maintenance, installation) task quickly - without having to use the Admin Interface, first and foremost when dealing with local ProcessWire installations. And since it has a powerful API and an easy way of being bootstrapped into CLIs like this, I think such a tool has a certain potential in the PW universe.    It's totally not the first approach of this kind. But: this one should be easily extendable - and is based on PHP (specifically: the Console component of the Symfony Framework). Every command is tidily wrapped in its own class, dependencies are clearly visible, and so on.   ( Here was the outdated documentation. Please visit wireshell.pw for the current one )