404 When accessing my admin location

Hello all,

I have recently installed ProcessWire as I am learning to develop my own personal website.

The installation process was completed, pressed 'Login to Admin' and I am receiving a 404 error.

I am using a GoDaddy Shared Hosting Package with Plesk installed.

Does anyone have any experience with using ProcessWire on a shared hoasting package?

Many Thanks.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum! 404 for the admin can be caused by various issues. You can start by

There are just too many possible causes but if you skim through the similar topics, then you will find pointers on how to proceed, debug and what to look for.

• Like 1

My best guess is that it's an htaccess issue - most likely an AllowOverride setting that isn't letting mod_rewrite kick in as needed. If you're not familiar with these settings in Plesk, it might be best to submit a support ticket.

First thing I would try is to add some gibberish text to the top of the PW root .htaccess file to see if it's being loaded and go from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By luischacon
      Hello how are you, I need help on how I can solve this, update a module and now I don't know what to do

• By caffeineben
      My hosting company (Dreamhost) upgraded their VPS accounts from Ubuntu 14 (also known as Trusty) to Debian 10 (aka Buster). Since they have done that, I can no longer upload photos through the PW admin. Most of my templates use the Images field and when I go to upload an image - no matter the size, I just see spinning over the image icon. I checked my console and get the following errors:
      [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 418 () (edit, line 0)
      [Error] SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '<'
          parse (JqueryCore.js:2:13595)
          parseJSON (JqueryCore.js:2:13595)
          (anonymous function) (InputfieldImage.min.js:1:35271)
      I have multiple sites hosted by Dreamhost and this is now happening on all sites.  I am using Processwire 3.0.165. PHP 7.4.
      I don't know what other info is helpful so please let me know if you have any ideas. I have filed a ticket and suspect this is a result of the upgrade as all these sites worked previously. And the sites still work - just can't upload and save to the images field.

• By quickjeff
      Hi Guys, 
      I have been debugging a site for the last 2 hours and cannot solve the issue. 
      I have a site running on 3.0.148. 
      I installed the Kongondo Blog module and was updating the templates to include the website style. 
      Once everything was set and done, I checked the page tree to see an error appear. 
      Template must be assigned a name before 'filename' can be accessed
      The same error appears in templates. 
      Debugging Steps
      I checked the templates in the server to ensure I didnt accidentally delete the namespace.  Deleted cache in browser and server under assets Still no go. 
      Any help is appreciated. 
      Thanks! 
    • By rolspace.net
      Hi Everyone
      I have a problem here. I have built a site with Processwire on localhost and then transferred to my customer's server. a) it's a windows server (unfortunately) and b) there is a domain-mapping for this site, the domain points to a folder of another domain. Sorry, I can't explain it any better, I don't really understand the different types of servers (why do they have to be different anyway...).
      My problem is, that I see the main website but not the admin page. Do I have to add anything to my .htaccess file?
      I also tried to include web.config file. Not .htaccess nor web.config file have an impact when changing its content. I really have no clue what to do!!
      Links: mcconnellacademy.ch, mcconnellacademy.ch/admin
      Thanks for any pointing in the right direction!