Template Tag Edit in List (like Field's "Manage Tags")

BitPoet

Very helpful, thanks!

I see the module gives a warning if a tag is created that has the same name as an existing template. Tags added to a template via the core way on the Advanced tab don't give this warning. Is there a catch to watch out for if a tag name is also a template name?

Also, it's only a small thing but maybe this module only needs to autoload in the PW admin ("autoload" => "template=admin") rather than for the front-end also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

I see the module gives a warning if a tag is created that has the same name as an existing template. Tags added to a template via the core way on the Advanced tab don't give this warning. Is there a catch to watch out for if a tag name is also a template name?

That's a good question which I don't have an answer to. I copied that from ProcessField, which behaves the same - a warning if you use "manage tags", but none if you assign such a tag in the regular Field edit form.

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

Also, it's only a small thing but maybe this module only needs to autoload in the PW admin

Good point, thanks. Already added in 0.0.2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BitPoet said:

I copied that from ProcessField, which behaves the same - a warning if you use "manage tags", but none if you assign such a tag in the regular Field edit form.

This warning relative to search copabilities by tags that was introduced in 3.0.106 https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.106/#a-new-way-to-search-with-upgraded-tags-for-fields 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zeka said:

This warning relative to search copabilities by tags that was introduced in 3.0.106 https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.106/#a-new-way-to-search-with-upgraded-tags-for-fields 

Ah, now it makes sense (and no sense for templates), no idea how that slipped past me. Thanks a lot! I removed the warning in version 0.0.3.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Bennett
      https://github.com/chrisbennett-Bene/AdminThemeTweaker
      Inspired by @bernhard's excellent work on the new customisable LESS CSS getting rolled into the core soon, I thought I would offer up the module for beta testing, if it is of interest to anyone.

It takes a different approach to admin styling, basically using the Cascade part of CSS to over-ride default UiKit values.
      Values are stored in ModuleConfig Module creates a separate AdminThemeTweaker Folder at root, so it can link to AdminThemeTweaker.php as CSS AdminThemeTweaker.php reads the module values, constructs the CSS variables then includes the CSS framework Can be switched on and off with a click. Uninstall removes everything, thanks to bernhard's wonderful remove dir & contents function.
      It won't touch your core. It won't care if stuff is upgraded. You won't need to compile anything and you don't need to touch CSS unless you want to.

It won't do much at all apart from read some values from your module config, work out the right CSS variables to use (auto contrast based on selected backgrounds) and throw it on your screen.
      You can configure a lot of stuff, leave it as it comes (dark and curvy), change two main colors (background and content background) or delve deep to configure custom margins, height of mastheads, and all manner of silly stuff I never use.

Have been developing it for somewhere around 2 years now. It has been (and will continue to be) constantly tweaked over that time, as I click on something and find something else to do.
      That said, it is pretty solid and has been in constant use as my sole Admin styling option for all of those 2 years.

If nothing else, it would be great if it can provide any assistance to @bernhard or other contributor's who may be looking to solve some of the quirkier UiKit behavior.
      Has (in my opinion) more robust and predictable handling of hidden Inputfields, data-colwidths and showIf wrappers.
      I am very keen to help out with that stuff in any way I can, though LESS (and any css frameworks/tools basically) are not my go.
      I love CSS variables and banging-rocks-together, no-dependency CSS you can write with notepad.

• By sambadave
      Hi there
      Short version of question
      Let's say I have a page in the admin that contains a field... Is it possible to output the content from that field on another page in the admin? Almost like a reference.
      Longer version of question (with example)
      A house builder with multiple (60+) developments. They want to be able to create notices/messages that can be added to one or many developments. Handy for things like regional covid lockdowns or temporary office closures due to bad weather.
      My approach for the admin editing options:
      Add each message to each development
      Pros: You edit the message on the development page in context
      Cons: Very time consuming and repetitive if the same message needs to be applied to 60+ developments
        Control all the messages from one admin page and say which development each message should be applied to
      Pros: Easier to add/remove messages to more than one development at a time. Control all messages from one place.
      Cons: Content is not added on development page, which is where typical admin users may expect to find it I went for option 2 due to flexibility, and created a page within the admin for global development notices. This contains a repeater with:
      Field for message to display Checkbox list of all developments. The user can select which ones to apply each message to It's working really well but the only thing is that if the user goes to a specific development in the admin, the relevant messages aren't displayed in context (as they aren't edited on that page and instead on the global development notices page)... which may cause confusion when a new staff member / content admin tries to edit the text but there is no field when they go to the development admin page where they expect to see it...
      Solution???
      I don't require the message(s) to also be editable on the development page, but I wondered if there was a nice way to show it/them somehow. I feel like I am missing something really simple as I'm sure ProcessWire will have a nice way of achieving this, or maybe there are field settings that allow this kind of thing to happen?
      Any ideas on approaches or similar experiences would be much appreciated, even if it is just a much simpler example with the content from one field being shown on another admin page to get the ball rolling.
      Thanks in advance for any advice :)
    • By humanafterall
      Hi,
      I would like to set an admin template to 'https only' as recommended in the Processwire security docs.
      However if I do this it forces this setting locally too, resulting in https://localhost requests which result in an error page.
      Is there a simple way round this? Setting https for templates in the config?
      Thanks!
    • By DanielKit
      Hi. I'm currently stuck at the login page in my project. Once I enter my admin username and my password and press login, nothing happens. The page just reloads. However, the URL changes from http://myipaddress/processwire to http://myipaddress/processwire/?login=1. I've checked all of my server settings, and to my knowledge, all seems to be fine there. I don't know where to go from here.. Thanks in advance!
    • By modifiedcontent
      Small annoyance: I get a horizontal scrollbar in UIkit admin area - or actually Admin Theme Boss based on Uikit 3. I tried to fix it with CSS, but had trouble isolating/targeting it and don't want to mess with module or core files. I think this issue has been reported before. Is there a recommended fix?