• simple-product
    • subcategory
  • category2

so Im at category page and running

$pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page, limit=8");

and it returns 0 pages

but this returns 4 pages

$pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page");

Can someone explain why limit does not work here?

EDIT:

So I did some tests and it seems that any limit=n where n is >= actual page count that is possible ... selector return 0 results.

12 hours ago, Roberts R said:

So I did some tests and it seems that any limit=n where n is >= actual page count that is possible ... selector return 0 results.

Not sure why you would be seeing that. I tested here and couldn't reproduce - that kind of selector works fine for me regardless of limit.

2019-11-02_103934.png.d6f6b63fa99e017117815afed0357de9.png

• Like 1

Yea.... not sure. Issue went away without reason that I could tell. And now I can't reproduce it as well. Thanks for response regardless.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snck
      Hi there,
      I have a problem constructing a selector that finds all pages that refer to pages with a specific template.
      I have pages using an event template and I want to show events based on a specific context. In this example I want to filter the results and only show event pages that relate to a specific template (exhibitions) in their page field related_pages.
      What I tried:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages.template.name=exhibition"); Unfortunately it does not work (0 results).
      Same with this:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages=[template.name=exhibition]"); At the moment I am helping myself with the following lines, but I have a strong feeling that there is a more efficient solution:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event"); foreach($events as $event){ if(!count($event->related_pages->find("template=exhibition"))){ $events->remove($event); } }  
      I really hope that one of you can help me out.
      Thanks in advance!
      Flo
    • By Kiwi Chris
      The selector in the following code included in a template is returning nothing, however if I take out the compId.resultsdate<={$today} bit, it works fine, although obviously not filtered on the date field.
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')); $setImages = $pages->find("template=competitionImage, compId={$page->id}, compId.resultsdate<={$today}, compSubject.name=s, imageRating.title=Merit|Honours,check_access=0"); Here's the results of an example from Tracey Debugger
      templates_id=79, resultsdate<=1587729600, status<2048   SELECT pages.id,pages.parent_id,pages.templates_id FROM `pages` JOIN field_resultsdate AS field_resultsdate ON field_resultsdate.pages_id=pages.id AND (((field_resultsdate.data<='2020-04-25 00:00:00' ) )) WHERE (pages.templates_id=79) AND (pages.status<2048) GROUP BY pages.id Over in my ready.php I have inside a hook that refers directly to the page template that's used for the pages in the page field above:
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')) $event->return = $event->pages->find("template=competition,eventEnd>={$today},eventStart<={$today}"); In this case the filtering on date fields (albeit different ones) works fine. Can anyone suggest why the filter on the date subfield of the page field isn't working?
      Just to confirm, I do have a date value in the field, and it is a date before today. 🙂
      The problem may be something blatantly obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the selector is returning no results when I include the date filter.
    • By jds43
      Hello, I have a Page Reference by template radio button field to promote a certain page (only two options), but I'd like to target the page that isn't selected. This would be used dynamically throughout the site.
      Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? Would I use something like remove() or not()?

• By Hubris
      Hi there!
      I'm using some page reference fields to create lists of tags, categories, years, etc.. I'm able to find the pages like so:
      $pages->find("template=project, {$filter}={$page->title}"); Which dynamically does something like: 
      $pages->find("template=project, tags=Experimental"); Only if the value (the page name, like "Experimental") starts with letters. If it starts with numbers, find returns nothing.
      Why is this and how can I fix it?
    • By Elchin
      Hi.
      I want select pages where now between date and end_date or now bigger than date and end_date is empty.
      I have five tried variants:
      $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("foo=(date<$start,date_end=''),bar=(date<$start,date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date<$start,(date_end='',date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end=''|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("!date_end|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end>=$start|!date_end,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); All this variants not worked for me and returned zero results.