Ken Muldrew

Lazycron routine in autoload module throws error

I'm trying to get a short routine to run once per day that will look at some pages and send a reminder email when that customer's subscription (yearly) is about to expire. When I run the code in a template then it works without issue, but inside my lazycron service routine, I get an "Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null" as if the database cannot be found. My autoload module is just the sample HelloWorld module included with ProcessWire, editted to perform this task. The whole of it is included below (I've stripped out the code that generates the email because it never gets past $pages->find):

<?php namespace ProcessWire;
/**
 * ProcessWire 'LazyCronLoad'  module
 */
class LazyCronLoad extends WireData implements Module {

public static function getModuleInfo() {
        return array(
            'title' => 'LazyCronLoad', 
            'version' => 1, 
            'summary' => 'Just loads a lazy cron callback.',
            'singular' => true, 
            'autoload' => true, 
            );
    }

public function init() {
        // initialize the hook in the AutoLoad module
        $this->addHook('LazyCron::everyDay', $this, 'myHook');

}

public function myHook(HookEvent $e) {
        // called once per day
        wire('log')->save('user_activities',' lazy cron service routine');
            $transport_pages = $pages->find("template=aggregate-entry, aggregate_type.title='Transport'");
            foreach ($transport_pages as $page) {
                if (($page->purchase_date + 30325800 < time()) && ($page->purchase_date + 30412600 > time())) { // between 351 and 352 days
                    wire('log')->save('user_activities', $page->id . ' email reminder sent');
                    // send email
            }
        }
    }        

}

The first wire('log') shows up but the second one doesn't (the purchase_date condition is met (as demonstrated by running the code in a template close in time to when the lazycron routine executes)). The error log gives the Uncaught Error shown above. 

I think this is a beginner's mistake with something obvious being missed and would be grateful for any assistance in fixing it.

This is the line where it crashes:

$transport_pages = $pages->find("template=aggregate-entry, aggregate_type.title='Transport'");

Do you mean it should be this instead?:

$transport_pages = wire('$pages')->find("template=aggregate-entry, aggregate_type.title='Transport'");

Yes, maybe the $pages object isn't set yet 😊

but no $ sign before pages... wire('pages')

The API vars, $pages, $log, $sanitizer, $fields, etc aren't automatically instantiated inside custom functions. You may want to start your function eg like:

$log = wire('log');
$pages = wire('pages');

then you can use them as normal

• Like 1

Just a quick heads-up: I'm moving this thread to the "Module/Plugin Development" subforum. The main Modules/Plugins area is intended for support threads of existing modules, while questions regarding module development belong to said subarea 🙂

• Like 2

On 9/8/2018 at 12:16 AM, psy said:

$log = wire('log'); $pages = wire('pages');

If your module is namespaced on top of your .module file

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

you can use in your functions 

$this->log
// or
$this->pages

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By blad
      Hi guys!
      I just uploaded a module to explore files based on elFinder. By default it will show the "Files" folder.
      Screenshots:

Video:

To do:
       More options To fix:
       The function of rotating or scaling an image fails  Image editors V 1.01 (view issue)
      Fixed the bug working with the Multi-Language support ( translation of folders ). Fixed the name of elfinder.en  Github:
      https://github.com/LuisSantiago/ProcessElFinder/
      I hope you like it.
    • By BitPoet
      I'm really in love with FormBuilder, but the one thing missing to match all my end users' expectations were repeatable field groups. Think repeaters, in ProcessWire terms. Our primary application of PW is our corporate intranet, so "lines" of fields are quite common in the forms I build. We have all kinds of request forms where the information for a varying number of colleagues needs to be entered (from meal order to flight booking request) and where it is simply impractical to send a form for each, and I don't want to clutter my forms with multiple instances of fields that may only get used ten percent of the time.
      That's why I started to build FormBuilderMultiplier (link to GitHub).
      What it does:
      Adds an option to make a regular Fieldgroup repeatable Lets you limit the number of instances of a Fieldgroup on the form Adds an "Add row" button the form that adds another instance of the Fieldgroup's fields Adds a counter suffix at the end of every affected field's label Stores the entered values just like regular fields Makes the entered values available in preview and email notifications Supports most text based fields, textareas and selects (really, I haven't had enough time to test all the available choices yet) What it doesn't do (yet):
      Support saving to ProcessWire pages (i.e. real Repeaters) I haven't tested all the validation stuff, Date/Time inputs etc. yet, but since I'm utterly swamped with other stuff at work, I didn't want to wait until I have it polished. Any feedback is welcome. There might also be some issues with different output frameworks that I haven't encountered yet. The forms I work with mostly use UIKit.
      Still alpha, so test well before using it in the field.
      Known issues:
      When rows are added, the form's iframe needs to be resized, which isn't completely clean yet.
      How it works:
      The Fieldgroup settings are added through regular hooks, as is the logic that adds the necessary field copies for processing the form and displaying previews.
      "Multiplied" field instances are suffixed with _NUM, where NUM is an incremental integer starting from 1. So if you have add two fields named "surname" and "givenname" to a fieldgroup and check the "multiply" checkbox, the form will initially have "surname_1" and "givenname_1" field (I'm still considering changing that to make the risk to shoot oneself into the foot by having a regular "surname_1" field somewhere else in the form less likely).
      When a "row" is added, the first row is cloned through JS and the counter in the fields' IDs, names and "for" attributes as well as the counter in the label are incremented before appending the copies to the Fieldset container in the form.
      To keep backend and frontend in sync, a hidden field named [name of the fieldset]__multiplier_rows is added to the form. Both the backend and the frontend script use this to store and retrieve the number of "rows".
      ToDo:
      Naturally, add the option to store the data in real repeaters when saving to pages. Do a lot of testing (and likely fixing). Make a few things (like the "Add row" button label etc.) configurable in field(set) context. Add a smooth API to retrieve the multiplied values as WireArrays. The mandatory moving screenshot:

• By MoritzLost
      Hello there,
      I'm working on a tiny textformatter module that searches the text for titles of other pages on your site and creates hyperlinks to them. I'm not sure if something like this exists already, but I haven't found anything in the module directory, so I wrote my own solution 🙂
      It's not properly tested yet and is still missing some functionality I would like to implement, so at the moment it should be considered in BETA. Features include limiting the pages that will get searched by template, and adding a custom CSS class to the generated hyperlinks. As I'm writing this I noticed that it will probably include unpublished and hidden pages at the moment, so yeah ... it's still in development alright 😅
      You can download the module from Github:
      https://github.com/MoritzLost/TextformatterPageTitleLinks
      There's some more information in the readme as well.
      Anyway, let me know what you think! I'm happy about any feedback, possible improvements or ideas on how to improve the module. Cheers.
    • By adrian
      This module provides a way to rapidly generate Page fields and the required templates and pages for use as a drop down select (or any other Page field type).
      This module will let you create a full page field setup in literally a few seconds 
      To use, run Page Field Select Creator from the Setup Menu
      Enter a Field Title, eg: Room Types Select Options - These will become the child pages that will populate the page field select options. There are two different options.

Option 1. TITLE FIELD ONLY - enter one option per line, eg:

Single
      Double
      Suite

Option 2. MULTIPLE FIELDS - the first line is used for the field names and the first field must be 'Title'. Subsequent lines are the values for the fields, eg:

Title, Number of Beds, Number of People, Kitchen Facilities
      Single, 1, 1, Fridge Only
      Double, 2, 2, Fridge Only
      Suite, 3, 6, Full Kitchen
        Choose the parent where the page tree of options will be created, eg a hidden "Options" parent page Select a "Deference in API as" option depending on your needs Choose the input field type Check whether "Allow new pages to be created from field?" should be enabled. As an example, if you entered "Room Types" as the field title, you would end up with all of the following automatically created:
      a fully configured page field called: room_types MULTIPLE FIELDS OPTION - 3 additional fields - number_of_beds, number_of_people, kitchen a parent template called: room_types a child template called: room_types_items (with either just a title field, or with the 3 additional fields as well) a parent page called: Room Types a series of child pages named and titled based on the per line entries in the Select Options textarea The templates are configured such that the "room_types_items" child template can only have the main "room_types" template as a parent, and vice versa.

Then all you have to do is add the newly created page field to any template you want and you're ready to go!

You can grab it from:

Modules directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-page-field-select-creator/
      Github: https://github.com/adrianbj/ProcessPageFieldSelectCreator

• By bernhard
      WHY?
      This module was built to fill the gap between simple $pages->find() operations and complex SQL queries.
      The problem with $pages->find() is that it loads all pages into memory and that can be a problem when querying multiple thousands of pages. Even $pages->findMany() loads all pages into memory and therefore is a lot slower than regular SQL.
      The problem with SQL on the other hand is, that the queries are quite complex to build. All fields are separate tables, some repeatable fields use multiple rows for their content that belong to only one single page, you always need to check for the page status (which is not necessary on regular find() operations and therefore nobody is used to that).
      In short: It is far too much work to efficiently and easily get an array of data based on PW pages and fields and I need that a lot for my RockGrid module to build all kinds of tabular data.

Basic Usage

Docs & Download
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/rock-finder/
      https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/RockFinder

Changelog
      180817, v1.0.6, support for joining multiple finders 180810, v1.0.5, basic support for options fields 180528, v1.0.4, add custom select statement option 180516, change sql query method, bump version to 1.0.0 180515, multilang bugfix 180513, beta release <180513, preview/discussion took place here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/18983-rocksqlfinder-highly-efficient-and-flexible-sql-finder-module/