To create a new gitlab issue, I'd like to send an Email to the following email address using FormBuilder: 

incoming+account/repository@incoming.gitlab.com

unfortunately, the / in the email gets striped by the sanitizer:

wire('sanitizer')->email(incoming+account/repository@incoming.gitlab.com'); 
// output: incoming+accountrepository@incoming.gitlab.com

Is there any way to configure the sanitizer? Any other Ideas how to send the mail to this address?

Ps.: I can not define the email format as it is defined by gitlab. The format is also kind of "common" and known as email-alias in the form of emailaccount+alias@domain.com – gmail uses it to label mails…

https://help.wodify.com/hc/en-us/articles/234441508-How-Do-I-Create-an-Email-Alias-

Weird. I've never seen a forward slash in an email address.

If I enter the above address in the TO field in Gmail, it's being converted to incoming@incoming.gitlab.com

https://www.jochentopf.com/email/chars.html says it's "maybe" allowed:

The forward slash is often used in email addresses used by X.400 gateways. Example: 'PN=Joe/OU=X400/@gateway.com'. Because the slash is used as a directory separator in UNIX and other operating systems, it is probably not a good idea to use it in local parts. If you ever want to save the mail in a mailbox named after the local part, you will have problems.

As I said, I have no control over that part… It works in my email client and is what gitlab provides for inbound issues… The one end I can change is my implementation of PW 😉

Sadly, gitlab has known that the forward slash is problematic for quite a while now but the resolutions keeps being pushed from milestone to milestone. There are a lot of mail servers and webmail clients out there that can't deal with these slashes (MS Exchange and Debian's exim default configurations are such examples), so any solution likely involves moving to more common delimiters in the local part of such gitlab addresses, which in turn means that PHP's built-in email sanitizing filter (which $sanitizer->email uses) will then be sufficient.

To speed things up, it might help to upvote the corresponding gitlab issue.

• Like 1

I've just read this quickly. Maybe for now your options are:

1. Sanitise separately: i..e, do the email itself bit then append your incoming+account/
  2. Use your own regex to sanitise the email (e.g. using $string = $sanitizer->match(string $value, string $regex);  Docs are here)
  3. Sanitise as you are doing then re-insert your / afterwards using string replace or similar.

Like I said, I read this quickly, so, I might be missing the point 🙂.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeiJari
      Hello forum!
      I've yet again stumbled on a head-scratching situation. We have enabled the option on our articles template and events template that it skips the title adding part and goes straight to the form. This is what our customer wants. So when you add a new article or event it automatically names it temporary to "article-0000000" and same with event. Now the problem is that obviously after saving the form we want to change to page url or "name" to the title, like it's normally. 
      Now here's the code for the hook:
      wire()->addHookBefore("Pages::saved(template=tapahtuma|artikkeli)", function($hook) {
        $page = $hook->arguments(0);
        $newUrl = wire()->sanitizer->pageName($page->title); // give it a name used in the url for the page
        wire()->log->message($page->name);
        $page->setAndSave('name', $newUrl);
      });
      I get the correct page and the name and path changes when I log them, but when I try to save it. It just loads and then I get: 
      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) This happens in sanitizer.php
      and then another error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

What is happening? Am I not suppose to use sanitizer in this way? When we made a temporary page object in out other hook, the sanitizer worked perfectly.
      Thanks for the help!
    • By Robin S
      A community member raised a question and I thought a new sanitizer method for the purpose would be useful, hence...
      Sanitizer Transliterate
      Adds a transliterate method to $sanitizer that performs character replacements as defined in the module config. The default character replacements are based on the defaults from InputfieldPageName, but with uppercase characters included too.
      Usage
      Install the Sanitizer Transliterate module.
      Customise the character replacements in the module config as needed.
      Use the sanitizer on strings like so:
      $transliterated_string = $sanitizer->transliterate($string);

https://github.com/Toutouwai/SanitizerTransliterate
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/sanitizer-transliterate/

• By J_Szwarga
      What is the best practice for having a form (only accessible to a logged in user) save the user's progress between sections of the form? Fieldsets? Multiple forms?
      Use case: I have a very long application form that would take 30 minutes for the applicant to fill out and I would hate for all progress to be lost due to user error. The progress needs to be logged into the user's page.
      Thanks!
    • By quickjeff
      Hi Guys, 
      I wanted to start this thread to see what others are doing to make sure they are compliant with GDPR.
      Basically, a ton of websites are built on WordPress and I am seeing tons of plugins being rolled out to help with cookie compliance etc. 
      Processwire however, doesn't have anything available. Also, if we are using FormBuilder, do we need an opt-in checkbox?
    • By ihathome
      Hi,
      I'm an abolute newbie in processwire an it's modules. But I have read huge amounts of posts in this forum and as many docs and i learnt a lot in the last days. For a contact-form i used this great module (many thanks) and i hooked it my first time. Everything is alright. Now i search for a possibility to format or render the output in the email. Is there any posibility?
      Thank you for your replies