nickngqs

How to sort according to order of page in page lister of admin?

How do you guys sort according to the order of page listing?

My template is sort order none, so I assume it would return according to order of page listing.

Hi guys. I have a similar problem and dug out this thread, maybe some processwire wizzard out there can help me =D

I «gather» pages and subpages with a certain checkbox checked with $pages->find("checkbox=1"), ordered according to the page tree. sort=sort works quite right but it messes up the order of subpages.

Example:
page1 (checked)
page2
   –> subpage2.1 (checked)
page3
page4 (checked)

Now what I want to get is page1 | subpage2.1 | page4 but what I get with sort=sort is subpage2.1 | page1 | page4

Any ideas?

Cheers, Nuél

What does your full selector look like?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By opalepatrick
      Hi, trying to order pages by modified date, date. I can do 'sort=-date_modified, sort=-date' but that will always put the modified date first regardless of actual date order. I just want to coalesce the two fields and sort. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    • By DV-JF
      Hey all, hope you're feeling well these days!
      Short question: Under "Setup > Templates" it's possible to sort the templates by last modified. Is this possible for fields view to?
      Long explanation:
      Currently I am in the process of programming a reusable template and often have to copy several fields & templates from different PW installations into my "master version".
      Therefore it would be good to see already in the field list when the last modification has taken place.
      Stay healthy & don't forget to wash you hands - many greets!
    • By Noel Boss
      Hi everyone 🙌
      Is there a way to order the language tabs in the backend? Currently, they seem to be ordered based on the created date (or id?) …
      ( time passes … ⏰ 🚶‍♂️)
      Just answered my own question. One can reorder the languages in the page tree under admin » languages or directly in the DB » pages » template_id=54 » sord field.
      Anyone knows if there are side effects when moving the default language from sort 0 to somewhere higher?
    • By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?