matsn0w

[SOLVED] Pointing PW login to my own login page

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

I am working on a website and I want to style the login page, but I'm a bit confused. 

I want either the existing login page styled in my own way using some CSS (I guess I prefer that) or I want to create a custom page with a form to login. (Which I could style too).

I used the code from Ryan and Renobird posted here - which works great - but that doesn't replace the original login page. 

Is there a way to some sort of 'disable' the original login?

I hope my question is clear and thanks in advance,

matsn0w

Edited by matsn0w
solved

Is this custom login page for front-end users or for users who need to access the PW back-end?

If it's for front-end users then I think you don't want them knowing about the core login page at all. You get a bit of extra security if you use a login page name that is not easily guessable (e.g. not "admin" or "processwire") and do not provide links to the core login page from the front-end. Then you only reveal the core login page to users who need to access the back-end.

If the login page is for back-end users then I'm not sure why you would not want to use the admin-styled form given that the user is about to be working in the rest of the admin, but you could redirect away from it to your custom login page with a hook in /site/ready.php

$wire->addHookBefore('ProcessLogin::execute', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $this->session->redirect('/your-login-page/');
});

• Thanks 1

Exactly what I was looking for!

It's just a back-end login, but I want it to look nice, just in case someone accidentaly finds the login page.

Thanks for your help, problem solved!

matsn0w

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peter Knight
      I have a demo site which I moved to a new VPS for client testing
      We noticed that leaving a page open and then revisiting the site can result in a 25 second(ish) to load time and will then throw a 500 Error.
      The hosting guys had a look and confirmed that the server is fine but the issue could be related to authentication or sessions.
      We are running Page Protector and ProCache so I wondered if there were any known bugs here and any recommended actions.
      My actual PW log doesn't show anything but the server log has plenty of these

2018-12-06 08:14:00 Error xxx.141.1x.101 500 POST /who-we-are/ HTTP/1.0     1.58 K Apache access 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Warning xxx.141.1x.131   mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Error xxx.141.1x.131   End of script output before headers: index.php, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 09:03:18 Error xxx.141.1x.131   2614#0: *667 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream       nginx error Thanks
      P
    • By Marcel
      Hey all,
      I want to customize the mywebsite/processwire/profile page. It's almost all good but I want to get rid of the sections 'Admin Theme' and 'Language' so that the user can just set a new password. (see image)
      Do I have to modify the admin template or how can I do that? Because when I go tree>Admin>Profile there are no fields to add or remove.
      Or where can I find the php file?
      I would appreciate your help.

• By benbyf
      I always seem to get this warning on every new install of PW on my Ubuntu 14 box with Digital Ocean. The servers are usually based in the UK and I was wondering if I should be adding something other than the below in the config? Is there a UK based locale code? Quick Google didnt come up with much.
      Warning: your server locale is undefined and may cause issues. Please add this to /site/config.php file (adjust “en_US.UTF-8” as needed): setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');
      Added to the config file:
      setlocale(LC_ALL,'en_US.UTF-8');  
    • By gebeer
      Hello,
      I have a user page template with many fields that are organised in tabs. Tabs do not work on the profile edit screen. So I had to find a way how to let users edit their page with tabs in place.
      The way I solved this is having users edit their user page in the backend instead of their profile page. So basically they are on a page edit screen and not on their profile edit screen which is a different process. The drawback of this method is that the users edit their profile on a URL like .../youradminurl/access/users/edit/?id=1377. So I needed to make sure that users cannot edit other users' profiles by just switching out the id. I did this through hooks that redirect them to their own profile.
      This is far from a perfect solution. Ideally I would like to mask the page edit url to something like /myprofile but haven't found a way on how to do this, yet.
      How would you go about this?
      redirect rules in .htaccess hooking into the profile edit process? Either way I couldn't figure out how to accomplish it. Any pointers towards a solution would be very much appreciated.
    • By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      I'm trying to automatically redirect a logged-in user to a custom profile page using $session->redirect() and need to add $user->name to the redirect path.
      All my attempts appear to have failed:
      $session->redirect('/user-profile/')->name; $session->redirect('/user-profile/')->$user->name; $session->redirect('/user-profile/' . get($user->name . '/')); $session->redirect('/user-profile/' & get($user->name)); Can anyone point out where I am going wrong?