Processwire 3.08 don't save any data.

activestate

Hi,
I have project done on localhost, all works fine. When i'm attempting to upload this project into live server all looks ok, but when i'll login as admin, i cannot edit anything. After saving, i see message that data is saved, but nothing happens. Impossible to edit nothing...
Thanks for any tips.

PS: No errors in  logs, data can be changed manually using phpmyadmin, so looks like no problems with database too....
I've also noticed, that if some page has blank field i can add text and save. And this will be saved, but cannot be edit again.

Hello,

Do you at least see the changes in the backend/admin ("message that data is saved")?

If you see the modifications in the backend, could it be a cache issue (browser, server, processwire...), and because of that you don't see the changes on the frontend of the website?

Can you give more details (hosting...)?

What are the technical differences between your local and live environments?

• Like 1

Hi  @Christophe

This is a message (edited title fileld of one of pages)

image.png.53481a10005b7769f0267c4e605d4edb.png

but title still remains untouched. 
So i don't see modifications on server.

Hosting is on Forge, and locally i have XAMPP.
Now i've installed this website on another server and i see that it's working. So localhost and another server works fine, but not page on Forge (i'm using forge all the times, always everything is ok, so not sure whats wrong in this case - one thing for sure, im using newest version of processwire.)

EDIT: I see that i'm able to edit for example:

image.png.08cc5072a360fef8ea6bdab17875ba86.png

But NOT this:

image.png.acc22be58b4d1b4d74a803debad2fc10.png

What are you using on localhost and the other server?

On (Laravel's (?)) Forge, Nginx is used, not Apache apparently.

Edit: so you are (perhaps) using Digital Ocean on Laravel's Forge, which is where it doesn't work?
But you mentioned another server where it works, which one is it?

There are perhaps some tweaks that are needed.

Edited by Christophe
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Christophe said:

Edit: so you are (perhaps) using Digital Ocean on Laravel's Forge, which is where it doesn't work?
But you mentioned another server where it works...

Hi,

I'm not sure, i don't know how to check this as i have only access to ftp and database via adminer. That's all. 

On another server this is working - as it's simple shared hosting with apache2/php 7 and mysql .

Recently, i've changed processwire version -> downgraded to 3.0. Pages content is not updated all the time, SEO tabs from SEOModule too, but page url is updating, strange things....

maybe is't worth to mention, that i see some issues with modules installing too, for example module jumplinks gives:
 Failed to init module: ProcessJumplinks - Unable to find ID for Module 'ProcessJumplinks'