iNoize

Create Pages from XML for an German Real Estate Site

Hello, 
for an Project i need help for an Script. 
There is an XML File with all the Objects Data and Images for every object. 

This is the Data Structure 
http://prntscr.com/hvfo31

One XML file and Pictures. 

So every Time the new Data is Uploadet via ImmoTool there have to be maybe an batch or something or an button in the Sitebackend to check the new files. 

If the Status is  NEW then create an Object 
if the Status is CHANGE  then make some changes 
If the Status is Delete then remove the Object in other Parent 

There are Basic infos in XML like Description Rooms etc. 
Also the latitude and attitude for the maps. 

After succsessful changes the Folder schould be empty for the next upload. 

I need only help to create and handle the sites with some data (PW API ). The output I will generate by myself. 

I have some basic php code 

Need somebody to fix it ready for me in PW. 

Tnx 

Hi @iNoize,

feel free to PM me tonight some details (timeline, schedule etc. if exist).

Hi,

This is definitely something that I can help you out on..

You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com

Best Wishes,

Andrew

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      I have a repeater with a text field where I would like to use hanna code (to make it easier on the user) so the user can define the action of a image that is in the repeater. For example:
      1. The image should have an external link:
      - the user can just type in the url
      2. The image, when clicked, should be printable (using print.js)
      - the user can just type [[print_image]]
      That works just fine, but I am running into an "issue". The code I need to use to print is:
      onclick="printJS({printable: 'path_to_image', type: 'image'});" I can put that into the hanna code as plain text, but I have no idea how to get the image from the repeater item and pass to "path_to_image". Is this even possible?
    • By louisstephens
      I have a script that is pulling in a json feed (will be attached to a cron job later) which looks like:
      $http = new WireHttp(); // Get the contents of a URL $response = $http->get("feed_url"); if($response !== false) { $decodedFeed = json_decode($response); } Everything there works well and I can pull the id, title, status (updated, new, sold) and other items from the decoded feed in a foreach loop. My whole goal is to create pages from the feed, but if the page has already been created, with all the same exact items from the json feed, I will need to "skip" over it.
      So far, I am running into a roadblock with my checks. I guess I need to compare the json to all my pages and their values and:
      1. If an id already exists, check to see if a fields data has been updated and then update the page,
      2. If an id exists and all fields are unchanged, skip adding that page

$http = new WireHttp(); // Get the contents of a URL $response = $http->get("feed_url"); if($response !== false) { $decodedFeed = json_decode($response); foreach($decodedFeed as $feed) { $u = new Page(); $u->template = $templates->get("basic-page"); $u->parent = $pages->get("/development/"); $u->name = $feed->title = $feed->id; $u->title = $feed->title; $u->status = $feed->status $u->body = $feed->title; $u->save(); $u->setOutputFormatting(false); } } else { echo "HTTP request failed: " . $http->getError(); } I am really just hung up on how to do the current page checks and matching them with the json field data.
    • By louisstephens
      So I was going to build a todo tracking app for myself to test/broaden my knowledge of processwire, and so far it has been taxing 😓.  My Site structure is:
      - Project One - Phase One - Task - Task - Task - Phase Two - Task - Task - Task So far it was pretty easy, I can easily foreach through the Project and get the phases with their tasks. However, it gets a bit muddled when I have more than one project as I was trying to have a dashboard where the content switches out to the selected project as opposed to accessing each project via their own url. How would yall handle this?
      My next hurdle is each task has a select field (for project status) that I want to update via ajax (for the smooth transitioning).
      Scenario: You finish a task, change the option from "new" to "completed", and an onclick changes the status drop down background to green (which I have working), but then posts/saves a field on the backend to the new option.

I have a page called "Actions" set up with url segments using
      if ($config->ajax && $input->urlSegment1 == 'change-status') { //save update field on admin } However, I am a little fuzzy on how to actually pass the current page along with the new selected status to actually update the page (task). I guess I am not very far into my endeavor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By louisstephens
      So this is more or less just a question regarding best practices, and how to actually achieve this. I have an internal tool I built awhile ago that has just gotten very "trashed". The naming conventions are all out of whack due to trying to get something completed, and pages are just everywhere. The fields got really out of hand as well, but I believe I have found a much cleaner field structure with the Repeater Matrix and a few other ProFields.  I decided recently to rewrite the template structure and the fields from scratch to keep everything nice and neat, but then it hit me that I would need to move all the previous data over and populate the new fields etc.
      The current tree looks something like:
      Group Title - Section A (template "section") - Category One (template "category") - Category Two (template "category") - Section B (template "section") - Category One (template "category") - Category Two (template "category") Etc etc... The structure is pretty good, and I am thinking of keeping it as it serves my purpose. However, I now have about 140 Sections with child pages that I would hopefully like to move to different templates, as well as changing the child templates/mapping data to the new fields. The only fields I need to worry about are a few textareas, text fields, options field,  as well as 1 image filed.
      I guess my real question is, what is the best way to go about this "migration" via the api while keeping the parent/child structure. It would be ok to leave it as is and chip away at it if I were the only one using it, but unfortunately that is not the case. 
      I guess one approach would be to copy over the entire structure and make the move to the new templates/fields. Once we have verified all the data/templates are correct, we could remove the old structure and possibly rename the new to mirror the old. However, this might just be too complicated.
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello Fellow PW Fans and Gurus.

I have run into a problem where i have created a template without a template file associated with it.
      Now i would like to HAVE a template file associated with it, not an alternate but as the main template file.

So i thought, that's easy, I upload the template file and change it in template settings but I only get the Alternate template file setting?

Ok so maybe i can change it via the API , so i wrote some code for this.
      <?PHP function changeTemplate($pages = null, $templates = null) { /* get the pages to change template on */ $logItems = $pages->findMany('template=tmp_log_item'); /* get the template object for our desired template */ $Template = $templates->get('tmp_new_log_item'); foreach($logItems AS $key => $logData) { /* use template object $Template to set template */ $logData->template = $Template; /* save page item */ $logData->save(); } } /* do the magic change */ changeTemplate(); ?> Needless to say, PW was not happy about this, It throw up an error message:
      Error: Exception: Invalid value sent to Page::setTemplate (in /home/virtual/mydomain/public_html/wire/core/Page.php line 1782)
      Now from what i understand i gave $logData->template the wrong type of value.
      So what should the value be to correct this?
      When I read the docs at: https://processwire.com/api/ref/page/
      the value can be "string" or "Template".

So i gave it a string and it went haywire.

How should I approach this cause I realy dont want to manually change template file on över 50 plus pages

Maybe I should use the Template class to create the value that the API wanted, but I am unsure how to use it.

Thank you for any info you can give me on this.

If you want more info to help me, ask and I will try my best to give it to you.
      Updated and Solved
      I solved the problem and have updated the code to reflect this.

Essentialy i used the get() method of $templates to get the template object for my template i wanted to use using the template name.
      I gave the Object to the $logData->template property and all went well.
      We learn something new every day.
      One Note:
      The template file you want to use must have been uploaded and added as a template in the Template section in the Admin for this code to work as expected.