Robin S

Add Image URLs

An experimental module for adding images to a field via pasting one or more URLs.

Add Image URLs

Allows images to be added to an images field by pasting URLs.

image-urls

Usage

Install the Add Image URLs module.

A "Paste URLs" button will be added to all image fields. Use the button to show a textarea where image URLs may be pasted, one per line. Images are added when the page is saved.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AddImageUrls

• Like 19

Really useful module I consider to be this one, I have done something similar on one website but was not as elegant as this one.

Thank you for your work.

• Like 2

nice :)

do you think you could extend this module to also store images pasted from the clipboard? 

PS: i think it would be great if the images were added via AJAX right after pasting (either urls or clipboard). what do you think @Robin S ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bernhard said:

do you think you could extend this module to also store images pasted from the clipboard?

I agree it would be handy, but that would be a completely different thing to what this module is doing. This module is essentially just using Pageimages::add() on the submitted URLs, and that method has no support for clipboard data. I don't think I want to disappear into the browser clipboard rabbit-hole with this module. :-)

5 hours ago, bernhard said:

i think it would be great if the images were added via AJAX right after pasting (either urls or clipboard).

I'll have a think about it. It would make the module significantly more complex and I'm not sure how much time I want to put into it. Maybe if I get bored sometime...

• Like 3

I'm getting an error on this...

Error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to ProcessWire\Pageimage::__construct() must be an instance of ProcessWire\Pagefiles, null given, called in /home/walking/public_html/site/modules/AddImageUrls/AddImageUrls.module on line 152 and defined in /home/walking/public_html/wire/core/Pageimage.php:109

On 03/02/2018 at 1:30 PM, hezmann said:

I'm getting an error on this...

Can you give a more detailed report please?

• What are the image URLs you are trying to add when you see the error notice?
  • Is the issue reproducible? i.e. if you try again with the same URLs do you see the same notice?
  • If you download the images to your computer and then upload as per a normal addition to an images field, do they work then?
  • Anything special about your images field - e.g. inside a Repeater or PageTable?
  • The error seems to be related to the field name. Could you please post a screenshot of your browser dev tools showing the source code of the textarea input that this module adds to the images field (like the one below)?

2018-02-05_101903.thumb.png.20073e94b74aaec6545dfec1222a2795.png

That will help me get to the bottom of this. Thanks.

I've tried several URL's from various places - all get the same error

I get it with every URL so yes, reproducable.  I have not been able to save any images this way.

Saving the image and then uploading works fine.

Not inside a repeater or anything special, just a normal Images field

Full Error: image.thumb.png.fad8a91ee02bc55c323b1e2a18e494bc.png

Source Code

image.png.e5ff46b25d67dac405764089cc3b7c1c.png

• Like 1

@hezmann, if you can give me access to your dev site (send me a message) I would be happy to take a look. Otherwise I'm out of ideas sorry.

• Like 1

Hey @Robin S - I thought since I've been mucking about with a lot of modules and code I would do a clean install and see what happened.  I did a 100% clean install on a site that has literally never had anything on it (I owned the domain but have never used it).  Only added one field for images with one template.  Created a page and got this error:  image.thumb.png.b057755514b928016590e05782f264ac.png

I'll send you a message with login details to the new site.  Thanks!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now