Roych

Default language pages URL without /en path?

Hello,

I need some help with changing the URL for default language pages. I have two languages one is hidden at the moment for future use. Now I would like the default language URL to be only the site name and a page without /en how can I achieve that.

I want my URL to be like www.mysite.com/jobs and not www.mysite.com/en/jobs. Now only the home page has the right URL all other have /en. ...

I looked through the forum but no luck so far.

Thank you

R

Ok, I got it, I just had to delete the EN in my homepage setting and now it is working, I found it on a forum. Thank you anyway ;)  

Edited by Roych
Found a solution ;)
  • Like 3

Thanks for this! I had forgotten how to do this 🙄

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zota
      Hi,
      After 2 or 3 cliks on my nav bar the browser starts to show
      http://julio.x10host.com/home/juliox15/public_html/logos/
      instead of
      http://julio.x10host.com/logos/
      Where or what should I start the fixing?
      Thanks
    • By louisstephens
      So I have a project where multiple pages are sending POST data to 1 single template page.  All was working well (well, at least with one ajax post), but now I have hit a stumbling block. I figured  the "best" way to handle the request were to use url segments and then use the following in the status page:
      if ($config->ajax && $input->urlSegment1 == 'add-bookmark') { // some code here } However, this doesnt seem to really work (as I assume the the request isnt being posted to /status/ but rather to /status/add-bookmark/). What is the best way to actually handle this?
    • By joelplambeck
      Hi Guys,
      I'm trying to do my first migration to the customers existing server (IIS 10) . I ran the site as a subdirectory on my website for test purposes (everything works fine).
      Following the tutorial of Joss, I tryed the site on a local xampp server to make sure, it also works on a root directory. So far so good, everything works.
      Now I moved the files (from the xampp) to the customers server. The root/index page is shown but for every subpage i get 404 Errors...
      Hence I followed the troubleshooting guide for not working URLs:
      On the first sight, the .htaccess file is not recognized, therefore I contacted the host support. They said, it is recognized but not all modules are supported in the processwire .htaccess file. I did the "öalskjfdoal" test in the .htaccess file and didn't get a 500 Error.... BUT the rewrite rule from the hosts support, to proof the file is read, DID work... The support claims, they do not provide debugging... so basically the .htaccess file is recognized and working, but not throwing any errors (for whatever reason).
      Working rewrite rule (from support):
      RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^test\.asp$ index.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test\.html$ konzept.html [NC,L] RewriteRule ^test2\.html$ team.html [NC,L] The support said, a couple modules are not supported in the htaccess file, the supported ones are listed here: http://www.helicontech.com/ape/ (I think mod_rewrite is supported)
      As I do not completely understand what exactly is happening in the htaccess file, I'm stuck. I tried all suggestions I found regarding this topic on the forum, but none of them solved the problem.

.htaccess.txt
    • By louisstephens
      So I have a project coming up soon and one of the goals was to use Google's AMP project for the project's mobile site. I have gone through the tutorials and think I have a good grasp on the matter, but there is still one roadblock I do not really know how to tackle. The site, which uses a responsive grid system, will look great on a mobile and desktop which was is fine by me. However, if a user comes from Google to one of our AMP pages (ie www.example.com/amp) and clicks on a url, they will then be loading our responsive mobile pages and not the amp pages. For the sake of consistency, we really want to "force" users to stay on all the amp pages.

My current thoughts on how to set up this task:
      Allow url segments for all pages using "/amp" Using a simple if statement, load the amp page if it exists <?php if($input->urlSegment1) { // add "&& $input->urlSegment1 == 'amp'" if you've more urlSegments include("partials/amp-page.php"); } else { include("partials/normal.php"); } ?>  
      However, I have hit a roadblock on appending "/amp" to all pages if they came to an amp page via Google, or even if they are on mobile and visit the site. Is this even possible to do, or should we just use the amp pages (if a user comes from google) and allow them to be active on our mobile pages?  We are just trying to give the fastest load times possible, as well as give a consistent look between mobile and desktop versions. As always, I really appreciate the ideas and help.
    • By modifiedcontent
      Another dumb question:
      Is there a field type for a text-based array?
      In my case I need to store an array of RSS feeds for SimplePie. Storing that list of links in a textarea - text formatted to look like an array - doesn't work with the script. It works with one link.
      The images field is an array. I assumed there would be an equivalent for URLs or text in general.
      Or is there another approach for these cases?
      Edit:
      I guess using the optional (module) Repeater field type is the best solution in this case? I have now a working solution based on that. Still curious about other ideas.