Steven Veerbeek

PageTable input field in a module

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to create a module for a webshop in which I can predefine a number of thumbnail sizes for my product images. I was thinking of storing each of these image sizes as a child page with 'width' and 'height' fields under the module page , so I can use a PageTable input field in my module to easily manage them.

I know how to create a Pagetable field and add it to templates so I can use it in regular pages, but because I am planning on implementing some other functionalities that (I think) can't be achieved with a regular page, I need the PageTable field to work within a module.

So far I have come up with this piece of code by trial and error:

$page = $this->page;
$field_sizes = $this->modules->get("InputfieldPageTable");
$field_sizes->title = "image_sizes";
$field_sizes->label = "Image sizes";
$field_sizes->set('parent_id', $page->id);
$template = wire("templates")->get("image_size");
$field_sizes->set('template_id', $template->id);
$field_sizes->set('columns', "title\nimage_width\nimage_height");
$wrapper->add($field_sizes);

It works in that it does display an empty PageTable in my module. I can also add pages and they will be added as child pages under my module page, but when I do, the way the PageTable is displayed gets all messed up. Instead of showing the newly created page as a row in the PageTable, all the fields on the module page (including the PageTable field itself) are repeated within the PageTable field.

I hope my explanation makes sense. I am fairly new to Processwire (and module development in particular) so perhaps I am just trying to use PageTable in a way it was not intended to be. Maybe you guys could give me some directions on how to achieve what I am looking for?

Thanks!

Hi @Steven Veerbeek and welcome to the PW forums :)

I'm not clear on whether you are talking about the config page for a 'normal' module or the page created by a Process module. But I don't think either of these will achieve what you're aiming for.

• A module config cannot use an actual fieldtype such as a PageTable or a Repeater - with the module config you are only dealing with inputfields and that's not sufficient for a working PageTable.
  • And while you might get a bit further with a Process module you would kind of be going against the grain of how a Process module normally works. Normally the page created by a Process module uses the 'admin' template and you don't want to be adding a PageTable field to that. So you would need to create and assign a custom template. But then you also need to be opening this page in ProcessPageEdit in order to use the PageTable field and that's not typical for Process modules.

So I think you probably need to work within the 'install' method of your module to:

1. Create a new template
  2. Create a new PageTable field (along with the template for the pages used in the field)
  3. Assign the PageTable field to the fieldgroup of the template
  4. Create a new page using the template

This page would then serve as a kind of config page for your module.

But then again there might be another totally different solution to the issue of how to define your image sizes without using a PageTable field. If I understand right you want a way to define a variable number of image size settings for your module. The simplest way to do that would be using a textarea field that follows some predefined formatting, e.g. one line per image size setting with width and height separated by some character such as a pipe. Then your module uses explode() to parse the settings.

I also wanted a repeatable format for module config settings and thought the textarea approach was a bit limiting and error prone. You might like to take a look at the system I have used for repeatable settings in several of my modules. Not saying it's best practice or anything but it gets the job done:

https://github.com/Toutouwai/ConnectPageFields/blob/ef9a03d08f0e724724f13ebdb8dfb35a4662ec26/ConnectPageFields.module#L191-L340

If you come up with a better approach to repeatable module config settings be sure to share it!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By psy
      ProcessWire DropboxAPI on GitHub: https://github.com/clipmagic/DropboxAPI

This module is a wrapper for Kunal Varma's Dropbox PHP SDK https://github.com/kunalvarma05/dropbox-php-sdk
      It was created to perform a specific function for a client, ie upload PDF files on a PW website to a specific Dropbox account folder.
      The PDF files, created using @Wanze's excellent PagesToPdf module using the WirePDF functions, are generated from Formbuilder forms completed by front-end site visitors.  Works a treat!
      There's more that could be done to allow ProcessWire to take advantage of all the features of the SDK, eg downloads, multiple Dropbox accounts, etc. You are welcome to request changes and/or fork the GitHub project to extend the feature set.
      Enjoy!
      System requirements
      PHP 5.6.4 or greater Composer The PHP mbstring extension General information
      This module enables you to access a single Dropbox (www.dropbox.com) account to upload files from a ProcessWire website.
      All kudos to (https://github.com/kunalvarma05/dropbox-php-sdk) for the PHP API.
      First steps
      Visit (https://www.dropbox.com/developers) and read the documentation. Log into Dropbox and create a new application. It's recommended to limit ProcessWire App access to a specified folder Make a note of the App key, the App secret and the name of the Dropbox folder Installation
      Download the zip file into your site/modules folder then expand the zip file. Next, login to ProcessWire > go to Modules > click "Refresh". You should see a note that a new module was found. Install the DropboxAPI module. Configure the module with your App key, App secret and your Call Back URL You need to generate a Dropbox access token to enable your site to communicate with the nominated Dropbox account. Dropbox will generate a token for you or you can create a page for the front end of your ProcessWire site with a template to submit the token request to Dropbox, eg:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; $drop = $modules->get('DropboxAPI'); if ($input->get->code && $input->get->state) { $code = $sanitizer->text($input->get->code); $state = $sanitizer->text($input->get->state); //Fetch the AccessToken $accessToken = $drop->getAccessToken($code, $state); echo "Copy/paste this code into the module configuration: " . $accessToken; } else { echo "<p><a href='" . $drop->getAuthURL() . "'>Log in with Dropbox</a></p>"; } ?> Once you have entered the token in the module configuration, you can unpublish this page.
      Usage
      Read the dropbox-php-sdk documentation!
      An example template for sending a file to a Dropbox App folder from ProcessWire:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; use Kunnu\Dropbox\Dropbox; use Kunnu\Dropbox\DropboxApp; use Kunnu\Dropbox\DropboxFile; // send pdf to Dropbox $drop = $modules->get('DropboxAPI'); $app = new DropboxApp($drop->app_key, $drop->app_secret, $drop->authorization_code); if ($app) { //Configure Dropbox service $dropbox = new Dropbox($app); $dropboxFile = new DropboxFile('/path/to/myfilename.pdf'); $file = $dropbox->upload($dropboxFile, "/myfilename.pdf", ['autorename' => true]); //Uploaded File meta data if ($file) { $success = $file->getName() . " uploaded to Dropbox"; $drop->log($success); } }  

• By sirhc
      Hi all,
      Im trying to install this core module and got the error of not having the ImageMagick library installed.
      But if im checking for the version of my ImageMagick installed on my server via SSH im getting this response;
      identify -version
      Version: ImageMagick 6.9.4-9 Q16 i386 2016-06-21 http://www.imagemagick.org
      Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2016 ImageMagick Studio LLC
      License: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php
      Features: Cipher DPC 
      Delegates (built-in): bzlib freetype gslib jng jpeg png ps tiff xml zlib
      Does this even mean the library is installed? And if yes, why cant i install my module?
      Pleaassee help me
      Greetz.
    • By abdus
      I'm trying to add a new option to InputfieldTextarea. Depending on that option, I want to change how the input is rendered. I also want to change this option depending on different templates and repeaters, meaning it can have different values for different fieldgroups.
      I hooked into three methods:
      $this->addHookBefore('InputfieldTextarea::render', $this, 'hookInputRender'); $this->addHookAfter('InputfieldTextarea::getConfigInputfields', $this, 'hookInputSettings'); $this->addHookAfter('InputfieldTextarea::getConfigAllowContext', $this, 'hookInputContext'); In hookInputSettings, I build the additional option
      protected function hookInputSettings(HookEvent $e) { /** @var InputfieldTextarea $field */ $wrapper = $e->return; $field = $e->object; /** @var InputfieldSelect $font */ $font = $this->modules->get('InputfieldSelect'); $font->label = $this->_('Font'); $font->name = 'fontFamily'; $font->addOptions(self::fontOptions); $font->attr('value', $field->fontFamily); $wrapper->add($font); $e->return = $wrapper; } It shows up in field settings with no problem

When I pick an option and save, it even shows up in the database. However, I cannot get the properties of that field in that fieldgroup context. Most other inputfields can get their inputfield settings because are inside a class that extends Inputfield, so $this->myOption works.
      If I hook into FieldtypeTextarea::getConfigInputfields, it works too, because getConfigInputfields method is called with $this as its argument, inside hooks it's possible to access fieldgroup specific settings. But for Inputfield, it's not given any arguments, so hooking Inputfield::getConfigInputfields, you won't be able to get any information about the context.
      // /wire/core/Field.php public function ___getConfigInputfields() { // ... if(!$fieldgroupContext || count($allowContext)) { // ... try { $fieldtypeInputfields = $this->type->getConfigInputfields($this); // ... } // ... } $inputfields = $this->wire(new InputfieldWrapper()); // ... if($inputfield) { if($fieldgroupContext) { $allowContext = array('visibility', 'collapsed', 'columnWidth', 'required', 'requiredIf', 'showIf'); $allowContext = array_merge($allowContext, $inputfield->getConfigAllowContext($this)); } // ... $inputfieldInputfields = $inputfield->getConfigInputfields(); // ... } // ... } So, as a solution I gave it $this as a parameter
      // $inputfieldInputfields = $inputfield->getConfigInputfields(); $inputfieldInputfields = $inputfield->getConfigInputfields($this); Now everything works without any hacks. It works in field settings, templates, repeaters just fine.
      protected function hookInputSettings(HookEvent $e) { // ... $field = $e->arguments(0); // ... $font->attr('value', $field->fontFamily); // WORKS! // ... } I wanted to write this post because it drove me mad last night. I guess the next step is to make a pull request.
    • By kixe
      FieldtypeColor is on github

Fieldtype stores a 32bit integer value reflecting a RGBA value.
      Input
      5 types of Inputfields provided
      Html5 Inputfield of type='color' (if supported by browser)    Inputfield type='text' expecting a 24bit hexcode string (RGB). Input format: '#4496dd'.
      The background color of the input field shows selected color Inputfield of type='text' expecting 32bit hexcode strings (RGB + alpha channel) Input format: '#fa4496dd' Inputfield with Spectrum Color Picker
      (Options modifiable) Inputfield type='text' with custom JavaScript and/or CSS (since version 1.0.3) Output
      Define output format under 'Details' tab in field settings. Select from the following 8 options
      string 6-digit hex color. Example: '#4496dd' string 8-digit hex color (limited browser support).  Example: '#fa4496dd' string CSS color value RGB. Example: 'rgb(68, 100, 221)' string CSS color value RGB. Example: 'rgba(68, 100, 221, 0.98)' string CSS color value RGB. Example: 'hsl(227, 69.2%, 56.7%)' string CSS color value RGB. Example: 'hsla(227, 69.2%, 56.7%, 0.98)' string 32bit raw hex value. Example: 'fa4496dd' int 32bit. Example: '4198799069' (unformatted storage value) The Fieldtype includes
      Spectrum Color Picker by Brian Grinstead

SCREENSHOTS
      Input type=text with changing background and font color (for better contrast)

Input type=color (in Firefox)

Javascript based input (Spectrum Color Picker)

Settings Output

Settings Input

• By zlitrox
      Hi!
      I'm relatively new to the world of Processwire, but so far I'm really impressed by this CMS and its ease, power and speed.
      I've been looking at the different field types and also existing CKEditor modules (pwimage and pwlink).
      Here's what i want to achieve:
      I would like to use or create a own module which allows my admin users to upload pdf files inline in a CKEditor field (page content) the same way images are handled. It should be possible to upload a pdf file and specify its name and from the file uploaded and name i want to show an icon or image inline in editor and the output for that upload should be customized based on the module. Lets make it simple and say that i upload datasheet-1.pdf and want it to be named "My product datasheet", i want the output to be:
      <a href="{ link to uploaded pdf file }">My product datasheet</a>  
      Also the uploaded pdf files should be related to the page the user is editing.

Is this doable? 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
      PS. I'm a PHP programmer so i know it would require some custom code, but the real question is where do i start, what should it take and is it even possible to do?