Hide "Tree" dropdown menu ???

PWaddict

Hello,

A more advanced user will certainly help you.

But this module by @tpr perhaps already allows it: 

Which version of ProcessWire are you using?

(Have you tried with a css rule added if the admin user is not a superuser? Or do you prefer a non-css solution - because it is not enough?)

Actually I needed to hide the entire "Pages" tab menu and I did it with css on the Admin Custom Files module. How can I add a css rule that only applied if the admin is non-superuser? I'm using the lastest dev 3 version.

@PWaddict, if you want to hide just the Tree menu I made a module for that:

On 6/04/2017 at 4:24 PM, PWaddict said:

How can I add a css rule that only applied if the admin is non-superuser?

AdminOnSteroids adds some classes to the body element that can help with this: https://github.com/rolandtoth/AdminOnSteroids/wiki#extra-classes-added-to-body-tag

So you can prefix your CSS rule with body.role-nonsuperuser

• Like 3

Although Robin S´s module might "hide" the menu entry it is still accessible if you know the URL.

To restrict non-superusers and redirect them to another page after logging in, you need to do it different.

I wrote a module for that case which you can find at https://github.com/jmartsch/ProcessRestrictTreeMenu. It is not configurable yet, but you can change the code in the .module file.

1 hour ago, tpr said:

What is the benefit of hiding the Tree menu? If the user clicks on the "Pages" he will get the same content, or am I missing something?

Because I'm hiding few pages from my clients but on the tree they were still visible.

3 hours ago, jmartsch said:

Although Robin S´s module might "hide" the menu entry it is still accessible if you know the URL.

I think there is some confusion because the word 'tree' has in the past sometimes been used to refer to the page list (ProcessPageList) but now labels the dropdown 'Tree' menus. To be clear, the intention behind my module is not about preventing roles from accessing the page list, it's about removing the dropdown menus which I consider to be a confusing UI for roles with limited editing access. There is a related GitHub issue open here: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/231

• Like 2

Just wanted to chime in to say that I had similar issues with the Pages > Tree menu with my AdminRestrictBranch module, but I solved it quite easily by hooking into: ProcessPageList::executeNavJSON and making sure the list was restricted there.

• 1 year later...