Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
---

Page rootParent override

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to create tests using PHPUnit, and I have the following method:

protected function _getRootItems(Page $currentPage)
    {
        /** @var Page $page */
        foreach (wire('pages')->find("has_parent!=2,id!=2|7,status<" . Page::statusTrash . ",include=all") as $page) {
            if ($this->_isActivePage($page) && $page->parent_id == 1) {
                $output[$page->sort] = [
                    'id' => $page->id,
                    'title' => $page->title,
                    'url' => $page->url,
                    'template' => $page->template->name,
                    'isActive' => $page->id == $currentPage->rootParent->id,
                    'children' => []
                ];
            }
        }

ksort($output);

return $output;
    }

I want to write a test for this method in PHPUnit. I end up with the error: Trying to get property of non-object

This is because $currentPage->rootParent is null.

My test looks like this:

public function testGetRootItems()
    {
        $mock = $this
            ->__getMock()
            ->disableOriginalConstructor()
            ->setMethods([
                '_isActive'
            ])
            ->getMock();

$mock
            ->expects($this->any())
            ->method('_isActive')
            ->willReturn(false);

$page = $this
            ->getMockBuilder(\ProcessWire\Page::class)
            ->setMethods([
                '__get'
            ])
            ->getMock();

$rootParent = $this
            ->getMockBuilder(\ProcessWire\Page::class)
            ->setMethods([
                '__get'
            ])
            ->getMock();
        $template = $this
            ->getMockBuilder(\ProcessWire\Template::class)
            ->setMethods([
                '__get'
            ])
            ->getMock();

$template->name = 'name of the template';

$rootParent->id = 1;
        $page->template = $template;
        $page->id = 2;
        $page->rootParent = 'hierzo!';

var_dump(
            $page->rootParent
        );

$method = $this->__getReflectionMethod('_getRootItems', $mock);

$method->invoke(
            $mock,
            $page
        );
    }

I've already tried to override the rootParent with it's method (___rootParent), tried setting it directly ($page->rootParent) but so far nothing worked. I probably miss something really simple here.

I know that in my example, I set the value to a string. But the result of the var_dump below it is still NULL. I also tried setting it using $page->rootParent = $rootParent, this had no effect.

So my question: How can I possible override this rootParent variable?

You can set the parent, but not the rootParent.  RootParent is determined on the base of the pages parent. Method rootParent() is a getter and not setter.
Yes, you are able to modify the rootParent with a hook. But the hook option is not meant to change the rootParent and NOT the parent. (which would result in unexpected conflicts).

Solution: change the parent.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mirza
      Hi All,
      I have created a script which will create the pages and it should be unpublished.
      I have added the status as unpublished by default while first time saving the page as below.
      $hotelPage->hotel_website = $hotel['hotelWebsite']; // By default page created will be unpublished state $hotelPage->addStatus(Page::statusUnpublished); $hotelPage->save(); $hotelPage->setOutputFormatting(false); // Add hotel images only after setting output formatting to false $hotelPage->images->add($hotel['hotelImage']); $hotelPage->save(); On the same time, saving the hotel image as well and triggering the save method.
      But when I see the created page in the tree, Its shows unpublished but publish_date is not empty(date will be present as created, modified and published are all same)
      Now I don't understand why the date is getting filled into the publish field for a page?
      Please let me know if am doing something wrong.
    • By Herrmann22
      Hi,
      i build at the moment my first website with ProcessWire. Now I want integrate a 3D configurator like on the following site.
      Know anywhere a PlugIn or another module with them I can realize my project? Thanks for help.
    • By Michael Steinmann
      Hello everyone,
      i guess my php knowledge is not good enough to find a solution for the following problem:
      I'm building a website where i have projects. Each project has tags like "webdesign, responsive, cms, print, flyer" etc. At the end of a project i want to recommend other projects, which have similar tags. I want to limit the recommendations to three other projects sorted by the hightest amount of same tags.
      This is how far i got:
      I'm using
      <?php $interessantes = $pages->find("tags=$page->tags, id!=$page->id"); ?> to find other projects with the same tags, excluding the page i'm already on.
      Then i'm using three foreach-functions to go through the projects i found, the tags they have and compare them with the tags of the project i'm looking at. If i have two identical tags, i count up a variable.
      <?php // Projects i have found foreach($interessantes as $interessant): $i = 0; // Tags of the projects i have found foreach($interessant->tags as $tag): // Tags of the project i'm looking at foreach($page->tags as $tagreferenz): if($tag == $tagreferenz): $i++; endif; endforeach; endforeach; endforeach; ?> You can see what it looks like in the screenshot with a bit of HTML. I marked the tags of the current project green and the identical tags of other projects red with the amount of hits below. So in this example i would want to have three projects with three similar tags and get rid of those with only two and one.

I guess i have to put my pages into an array (with the number of hits?), sort them and echo them with "limit=3"? Unfortunately i have no idea how to do this. You probably have an even better/shorter solution. Links to other topics are welcome to and i'll try to get my head around it.
      If you need further explanation, i'll try my best.
      Best regards
    • By didhavn
      Hey all. 
      This might sound a bit strange but I am looking for a solution to hook into page edit and remove or disable the two save buttons including their dropdown options. 
      I managed to partly remove the buttons, but the dropdowns remained. However, I would prefer a solution with disabled buttons but have no idea how to achieve this. 
      I hope somebody of you can tell me how to remove or disable these buttons. 
      Thanks a lot in advance 
    • By Cody Connor
      I installed the InputfieldCKEditor module and am using the ck editor in all of the fields on my processwire website.  I need to be able to drag images into the CKEditor field so I downloaded a CKEditor plugin called simpleuploads put it into /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/ and added the plugin to the field I am working on.  I have tried doing it many different ways and the plugins still are not working and I have no idea where to go from here.
      I am working with processwire version 3.0.61.
      I am using CKEditor version 4.4.2.