reed

Is it possible to use InputfieldPageAutocomplete without selecting a parent?

Hey y'all! I've been digging through the forums trying to find a workaround for the Page AutoComplete Field. So far, no luck. Here's the problem:

Currently, to use the Page AutoComplete Field, you have to define a single parent for the pages you want to select from. I want to use the AutoComplete field to add multiple pages from different parents. For instance, I have a field for location, and I want to add the MET Museum and The Louvre, but the MET has parent USA, and the Louvre has parent France. Currently, it's very labor intensive to scroll through a list of 300+ locations, or use AsmSelect to drill down. AutoComplete would be a godsend. 

I've not been able to find any way to workaround this issue, any ideas? Thanks for any help or recommendations!

— Reed

• Like 1

Oh man, I've made a stupid mistake. I didn't have AutoComplete included in the list of accepted field types for the Page Inputfield. So AutoComplete wasn't appearing as an option for any of my Page fields, regardless of parentage. 

In fact, it looks like AutoComplete now works perfectly, with any parent or selector you want. Man, Processwire just reads my mind. Thanks Ryan and community once again :)

For anyone with a similar issue, just go to Modules, scroll down to Page, click Settings, and add PageAutocomplete to the list of "Inputfield modules available for page selection."

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lmwt
      Hello,
      and one more beginner question: I am using the multi-language site profile and having troubles targeting the region I want to populate in my templates due to delayed output. The list is now appearing on top of the nav bar 🙂 and the values of the fields on one line down the title. I want these fields to be displayed in a list underneath the title of the page, and I also would like the name of the field to be displayed as a string in front of the value... I dont know how to do this. Can someone help?
      right now my code looks like this: 
      <?php namespace ProcessWire;?> <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Location?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Pub_country?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Since?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Contact?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Focus?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Members?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Location?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Decision_making?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->Financing?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->History?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->images?></li> <li class="Pub-profile-info"><?php $content .=page()->logo?></li> </html> and the screen looks like that:
      Thanks for helping!

• By NehaPillai
      Hello Everyone, I was trying to update SEO meta title, description and meta keywords for my website in Process Wire CMS but it saving in the backend but it is not reflecting on my website, Please help me regarding this error. Please find below attached screen shot for your ref. TIA.

• By Robin S
      After forgetting the class name of the wonderful AdminPageFieldEditLinks module for what feels like the 100th time I decided I needed to give my failing memory a helping hand...
      Autocomplete Module Class Name
      Provides class name autocomplete suggestions for the "Add Module From Directory" and "Add Module From URL" fields at Modules > New.
      Requires ProcessWire >= v3.0.16.
      Screencast

Installation
      Install the Autocomplete Module Class Name module.
      Configuration
      Add Module From Directory
      Choose the type of autocomplete suggestions list: "Module class names from directory" or "Custom list of module class names". The latter could be useful if you regularly install some modules and would prefer a shorter list of autocomplete suggestions. The list of class names in the modules directory is generated when the Autocomplete Module Class Name module is installed. It doesn't update automatically (because the retrieval of the class names is quite slow), but you can use the button underneath when you want to retrieve an updated list of class names from the directory. Add Module From URL
      If you want to see autocomplete suggestions for the "Add Module From URL" field then enter them in the following format:
      [autocomplete suggestion] > [module ZIP url]
      Example: RepeaterImages > https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterImages/archive/master.zip Awesomplete options
      The "fuzzy search" option uses custom filter and item functions for Awesomplete so that the characters you type just have to exist in the autocomplete suggestion item and occur after preceding matches but do not need to be contiguous. Uncheck this option if you prefer the standard Awesomplete matching. Custom settings for Awesomplete can be entered in the "Awesomplete options" field if needed. See the Awesomplete documentation for more information.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/AutocompleteModuleClassName
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/autocomplete-module-class-name/
    • By Gadgetto
      Hi,
      for my GroupMailer module I've created a custom Fieldtype + Inputfield module which provides multi-column field values. The first field column is a visible text field and there are some other columns which are not presented to user (they are rendered as hidden form fields).

This is the database schema:
      $schema['data'] = 'text NOT NULL'; // we're using 'data' to represent our 'subject' field $schema['sendstatus'] = 'tinyint NOT NULL DEFAULT 0'; // message send status $schema['recipients'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // recipients counter $schema['sent'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // sent counter $schema['started'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // message sending start $schema['finished'] = "int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0"; // message sending finished This are the ___wakeupValue and ___sleepValue methods:
      Now I try to extend this Fieldtype/Inputfield to provide multi language features.
      Only the first value ("data" which represents the "subject" field) should be/needs to be multi language!
      I had a look at the built in Fieldtypes (e.g FieldtypeText & FieldtypeTextLanguage) which provides multi language support but I couldn't find a similar case (multi-value field with language support). All built in Fieldtypes are single-value fields.
      I know this is a very "general" question but maybe somebody could push me in the right direction?
    • By louisstephens
      So I was tinkering around with the "select fields" field type and added it to a repeater. My thoughts were I could have a user select a field (textarea, text, etc etc) that I defined and give it a name (another field in the repeater) and create their own form on the page. To be honest, I am now a little lost with rendering the form and mailing the results as potentially the form will be unique and custom every time.  The only way I know to handle the output is by going about it this way:
      $forms = $page->form_select_fields; foreach($forms as $form) { if($form->name === "form_input") { //output input with custom name } elseif($form->name === "form_textarea") { //output input with custom name } } Is there a better way to go about rendering the elements from the repeater? As far as the custom sending goes, I am really at a loss since it would be pretty dynamic. Has anyone used this type of approach, and if so, how did you handle this without going insane?