Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fuad Ibrahimov

Problem with default language

2 posts in this topic

Hi all!
I have a problem with selecting default language in frontend.

I tried to set default language from admin panel in Access->Users for guests and admin to another language, but it changed only backend language.

I read a lot of topics about this problem and i didn't find any normal solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cody Connor
      I installed the InputfieldCKEditor module and am using the ck editor in all of the fields on my processwire website.  I need to be able to drag images into the CKEditor field so I downloaded a CKEditor plugin called simpleuploads put it into /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/ and added the plugin to the field I am working on.  I have tried doing it many different ways and the plugins still are not working and I have no idea where to go from here.
      I am working with processwire version 3.0.61.
      I am using CKEditor version 4.4.2.

• By holmescreek
      Summary: If I have a site sitting on a server called testing.com, then on the server change it to mycompany.com, do I have to modify any settings in ProcessWire?
      After building several processwire for clients, the one question that I haven't had is about moving a processwire site from an old (temporary) domain to a new domain.
      For instance, I typically setup development sites for clients and register a temporary domain (and lock with a password). For instance, thee client can go test.com and get all their content finalized, change wording, add news, swap out photos -- everything to make the site production read.  
      Next, on my hosting account I can have testing.com renamed to theircompany.com - and change the nameservers.
      A simple question here. If I have a hosting company rename the account from testing.com to theircompany.com, change my nameservers whereas going to theircompany.com loads the production site, Is there anything I need to change in the processwire configuration or in the PW database?
      In the past, I've just manually copied the site, and fresh-installed PW, and imported the data. Seems like a lot of hassle.
      I have a second part question about updating the PW core, however, after consideration I'll post it as a new topic.
    • By Marcel Stäheli
      Hello
      if have a few article pages that have a multi-page reference field with tags about the content of the article. All tags of a given page are displayed and link to a tag-overview page.
      Every link has a query string added with the tag name like &tag=cars so that I know which articles have to be displayed on the tag-overview page,
      The tag name is created using $tag->name. Since the website is multi language using German (default) and English, I use $page->localName($language) to get the localized page name . The code looks like this:
      foreach($tags as $tag) { $tagsMarkup .= "<a href='" . wire('pages')->get('/tags-overview/')->url . "?tag=" . $tag->localName(wire('user')->language) . "'>" . $tag->title . "</a>, "; }
      The code works mostly fine, but when a page has the same name in both languages, the query string will have no value just ?tag=. Why?

A second problem that might be tied to the first:
      Once on that tags-overview page, I check if the tag actually exists using:

$allTags = $pages->get("/tags/")->children); if($allTags->has("name=$tag") {...} But as I read on the forum (https://processwire.com/talk/topic/2979-multi-language-page-names-urls/?page=6) that only checks for name in the default language. It was suggested to use $page->parent->path . "pageNameEnglish" but I'm not sure where and how to use it in my case.
      Any help?

• By Ibrahim El Haddad
      Hi guys, 
      Yesterday, I faced a problems to run a processwire old system from backup locally, finally after your support, the system start working but still I have the below problems issues. 
      1. Once I try to press a sub-link, it guides me to Object not found, Error 404  similar to the below , and the link of the website became like below: 
      http://www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.localhost:9999/publications-and-ressources/texts/books/
      despite of that my application name is ibrahem, so if I amend the url manually to be as 
      http://www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.www.localhost:9999/ibrahem/publications-and-ressources/texts/books/
      it works fine, but every link, i should amend the url to add the application name. 
      Object not found!
      The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
      If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
      Error 404

2. The images issues, that the images related to the book cover or another issue such as the slider is not appear, please advice.

Thank you in advance for all of your support and help. 

• By Alex L
      Hello Community,

I have read that I get no support on GitHub. For this reason I am here for the second time.

The thing is that I enabled a fresh Processwire installation and under https://processwire.wpzweinull.ch/processwire no page is found.

The admin login is thus not possible. How can I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance, Alexander