Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fuad Ibrahimov

Problem with default language

2 posts in this topic

Hi all!
I have a problem with selecting default language in frontend.

I tried to set default language from admin panel in Access->Users for guests and admin to another language, but it changed only backend language.

I read a lot of topics about this problem and i didn't find any normal solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      I guess this is the right place to post this. Just this morning I went to like an answer someone had given, and was met with a popup stating: "Unable to give reputation to this user". Has anyone encountered this before, or is there some "cap" on users with a certain ratio (reputation to posts) that is keeping me from providing reputation. It was not a big deal, but I wanted to give credit to where credit was due.
    • By Herrmann22
      Hi,
      i build at the moment my first website with ProcessWire. Now I want integrate a 3D configurator like on the following site.
      Know anywhere a PlugIn or another module with them I can realize my project? Thanks for help.
    • By Cody Connor
      I installed the InputfieldCKEditor module and am using the ck editor in all of the fields on my processwire website.  I need to be able to drag images into the CKEditor field so I downloaded a CKEditor plugin called simpleuploads put it into /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/ and added the plugin to the field I am working on.  I have tried doing it many different ways and the plugins still are not working and I have no idea where to go from here.
      I am working with processwire version 3.0.61.
      I am using CKEditor version 4.4.2.

• By holmescreek
      Summary: If I have a site sitting on a server called testing.com, then on the server change it to mycompany.com, do I have to modify any settings in ProcessWire?
      After building several processwire for clients, the one question that I haven't had is about moving a processwire site from an old (temporary) domain to a new domain.
      For instance, I typically setup development sites for clients and register a temporary domain (and lock with a password). For instance, thee client can go test.com and get all their content finalized, change wording, add news, swap out photos -- everything to make the site production read.  
      Next, on my hosting account I can have testing.com renamed to theircompany.com - and change the nameservers.
      A simple question here. If I have a hosting company rename the account from testing.com to theircompany.com, change my nameservers whereas going to theircompany.com loads the production site, Is there anything I need to change in the processwire configuration or in the PW database?
      In the past, I've just manually copied the site, and fresh-installed PW, and imported the data. Seems like a lot of hassle.
      I have a second part question about updating the PW core, however, after consideration I'll post it as a new topic.
    • By Marcel Stäheli
      Hello
      if have a few article pages that have a multi-page reference field with tags about the content of the article. All tags of a given page are displayed and link to a tag-overview page.
      Every link has a query string added with the tag name like &tag=cars so that I know which articles have to be displayed on the tag-overview page,
      The tag name is created using $tag->name. Since the website is multi language using German (default) and English, I use $page->localName($language) to get the localized page name . The code looks like this:
      foreach($tags as $tag) { $tagsMarkup .= "<a href='" . wire('pages')->get('/tags-overview/')->url . "?tag=" . $tag->localName(wire('user')->language) . "'>" . $tag->title . "</a>, "; }
      The code works mostly fine, but when a page has the same name in both languages, the query string will have no value just ?tag=. Why?

A second problem that might be tied to the first:
      Once on that tags-overview page, I check if the tag actually exists using:

$allTags = $pages->get("/tags/")->children); if($allTags->has("name=$tag") {...} But as I read on the forum (https://processwire.com/talk/topic/2979-multi-language-page-names-urls/?page=6) that only checks for name in the default language. It was suggested to use $page->parent->path . "pageNameEnglish" but I'm not sure where and how to use it in my case.
      Any help?