dps123

JSON Feed to Update Processwire

Hi,

I have a JSON feed that I need to grab and update some pages and fields within ProcessWire. I've created a template with my code that I am going to use. I have fallen at the first hurdle though. I need to first select the pages that are using my specific template as those are the ones that I need to update with the JSON data. When I do this:

$my_pages = $pages->find("template=my_template");

Error: Call to a member function find() on a non-object

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

If you're using the api in classes or functions these variables are not available as such. You'd need to use $this->wire('pages') or wire('pages') depending on the current scope.

• Like 4

If you haven't, you can read a bit in the docs here: https://processwire.com/api/modules/

Depending on what your module / class has extended, you may also use $this->pages->find()

And if you use procedural functions, you can use

function myFunction() {
    $pages = wire('pages');
    $pages->find();
Edited by horst
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      So I have been hard at work creating url segments for a template (api) and everything is working swimmingly in creating a simple end point for svelte.js. I have however, run into a few questions that I can wrap my head around.
      In my api template I have:
      if($input->urlSegment1 === 'clients') { header('Content-Type: application/json'); $clients = $pages->find("template=clients"); $client_array = array(); foreach ($clients as $client) { $id = $client->id; $title = $client->title; $url = $client->url; $clientName = $client->client_name; $clientColor = $client->client_color->value; $assigned = $client->assigned_to->user_full_name; $client_array[] = array( 'id' => $id, 'code' => $title, 'name' => $clientName, 'associated_users' => $assigned, 'url' => $url ); } $client_json = json_encode($client_array, true); echo $client_json; } The output json from this is:
      [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was curious is it possible to add in "clients" before this output json so it would appear as 
      clients: [ { "id":1644, "code":"abc", "name":"Test Name", "associated_users":null, "url":"\/pw\/clients\/abc\/" }, { "id": 1645, "code": "xyz", "name": "Test Name", "associated_users": null, "url": "\/pw\/clients\/xyz\/" }, ] I was not really sure of how to tackle this in my php code, and have spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure it out. Another question I have is that "associated_users" is returning null, which in this instance is correct. It is a multi page field that is set to pull a custom name field from the users template, ie "Louis Stephens" would be associated with the first page. I understand that I need to use a foreach to get the correct data, but I was really unsure of how to place this inside an array, or update the array with the new data. Any help with any of this would greatly be appreciated.
    • By Macaco
      Hi there, 
      I have two templates that should talk to each other. One is for events which should access a list of artists (eventually add a new artist) and their images related to that event; the second is the artist page, which the user should be able to add or remove events that they participated, also mentioning which images are related to each event.
      Some sort of feedback loop between the two.
      I have tried searching around the community and google, but maybe I'm not formulating the question properly. 
      Thank you all for the amazing work with Processwire and the community support. I have made a few websites with PCW yet I'm still quite between beginner and intermediate.
    • By louisstephens
      So I reread my first draft, and it made absolutely no sense (I deleted it to hopefully better explain myself).  I am trying to make a system (that to me is a bit complicated) utilizing jquery and processwire together. My whole goal is to put a url like https://domain.com/launch?first_name=jim&occupation=builder in a script tag on another site(just a localhost .php page) to then pull out the data for that person and append to divs etc. Basically, the initial script tag would point to "launch" which has a content-type of "application/javascript". Using jquery, I would pull out the persons name and occupation and then make a specific ajax get request to "domain.com/api" (in json format) for a look up of the person. Essentially then I could pull that particular person's information from the json data, and do with it how I please in the "launch" page.  In processwire, I have a page structure like:
      People -Jim Bob (template: person ) --Occupations (template: basic-page) ---Builder (template: occupation) ---Greeter (template: occupation) It is really just a bunch of people with their occupations and a few fields to the occupation template. With the "api" (template: api) url, I was hoping to return all the data (of people) in json format like:
      Example Format:
      { "id": 1, "title": "Jim Bob", "occupations": { "builder": { "id": 44, "title": "Builder", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, "Greeter": { "id": 44, "title": "Greeter", "years_worked": 1, "etc": "ect", }, } } Where I get lost is really outputting the page names and nesting in the occupations into json. I have used Pages2JSON before, but I was a bit lost on how to implement what i was thinking.

I have access to all the local host files, but I was hoping to kind of build out a "system" where I could place the script tag/parameters in any project, and be able to interact with the data without doing an ajax call on the actual site. In a way, this would keep processwire handling all the data and requests, and my other "projects" just with a simple script tag. This might all be way too much/over complicated, but I couldn't quite wrap my head around how to achieve it. 
    • By louisstephens
      So I have been diving into hooks lately, and I am enjoying them thus far. However, I guess I am a bit stumped on how to achieve what I want too. I am trying to set up a hook that would create a new child page when the parent page is saved. However, when you save the parent page a second time, I just need to update the child page without creating multiple child pages. What would be the best way to go about this?
      So after rereading my post, I believe it is a bit vague so I will try to explain more. 
      The Goal:
      Create a page with a template "one". Once the page is created/saved => create a new child page with the template of "two" If the parent is saved anytime after, do nothing to the child page (limit the parent page to one child page) The parent page is really just being used to output content, whereas the child page is being used to pull out the some fields from the parent to be used elsewhere. I might have made this too complicated in my head.
    • By Arunesh Dutta
      Hello all
      I am newbie.Wanted to know does processwire will allow to display external website content and other sources to my website using API powered by processwire