dps123

JSON Feed to Update Processwire

Hi,

I have a JSON feed that I need to grab and update some pages and fields within ProcessWire. I've created a template with my code that I am going to use. I have fallen at the first hurdle though. I need to first select the pages that are using my specific template as those are the ones that I need to update with the JSON data. When I do this:

$my_pages = $pages->find("template=my_template");

Error: Call to a member function find() on a non-object

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

If you're using the api in classes or functions these variables are not available as such. You'd need to use $this->wire('pages') or wire('pages') depending on the current scope.

• Like 4

If you haven't, you can read a bit in the docs here: https://processwire.com/api/modules/

Depending on what your module / class has extended, you may also use $this->pages->find()

And if you use procedural functions, you can use

function myFunction() {
    $pages = wire('pages');
    $pages->find();
Edited by horst
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dragan
      I'm puzzled by something I thought would be rather easy:
      I want to send a request to a PW page. It's POST, and I define a header, and send data as JSON.
      I need to send data in the following format:
      $ POST https://mysite.com/foo/bar/ {"headers": {"Authorization": "Bearer API_KEY", "Content-Type": "application/json"}, "body": {"fields": {"Name": "<get name>", "Department": "<get team>", "Home Address": "<get address>", "Phone #": "<get phone>", "Personal Email Address": "<get email>", "Birthday": "<get birthday>", "Date Added": "<call>currentDate</call>" }}} This is supposed to be sent via a Chatbot engine (Dexter).
      In the PW page that should handle this, $_POST is always empty, as is $_REQUEST. Same for PW's $input or if ($config->ajax) {}.
      I get the header, but no data.
      So I dug deeper, and tried this:
      @ini_set("allow_url_fopen", true);
      @ini_set("always_populate_raw_post_data", true);
      $data = json_decode(file_get_contents('php://input'), true);
      $d    = print_r($data, true); // I store this, along with the header infos and timestamp in a PW page-field (instead of using file_put_content)
      I checked page permissions, I made sure I use pagename/, i.e. with trailing slash only, to avoid stripping the header away due to redirects (which somebody in an older forum thread once highly suggested).
      I tried to send the same stuff that the chatbot does via CURL. Nothing. PW error logs don't report anything (site is still in dev-mode).
      PW 3.0.81 - everything else runs just fine.
      Any ideas what I should change? Any more PHP/Apache settings maybe?
      Help is highly appreciated.

• By Macrura

This is the new topic for the Settings Factory module (formerly known as Settings Train).
      Repo:
      https://github.com/outflux3/SettingsFactory
      I'm not sure what versions this is compatible with, it has only been tested on 3.x branch;
      it is not namespaced, and i'm not sure if namespacing is necessary or a benefit for this module; if any namespace or module gurus can weigh in on this, let me know. I'm also not sure if there needs to be a minimum php version;
      I have one live site using this now and it's working great; But before submitting to mods directory, would be better if there was some additional testing by other users.
    • By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire which i like very much.
      Got a problem while trying to update from 3.0.65 (with admin theme UIkit ) to 3.0.78 . Tried to do it both via ProcessWireUpgrade module and by copying/replacing the files and dirs manually. In every case i got the problem with UIKit admin theme. The first try to reload any admin page after update gives the following errors:
      Notice: Undefined variable: adminTheme in D:\work\sites\home\sea.dev\webroot\site\modules\AdminThemeUikit\init.php on line 121 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on null in D:\work\sites\home\sea.dev\webroot\site\modules\AdminThemeUikit\init.php on line 121 It is officially recommended to reload the page several times after update to get the admin interface functional again, but it's not my case. The problem still persists. It's obvious that $adminTheme is not initialized. Reverting back to /wire dir of version 3.0.65 removes the problem. Switching to default admin theme and then updating to 3.0.78 makes the admin interface fully functional -- but switching to UIKit admin theme leads to the error again.
      Will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm desperately trying to update my website to PW 3.0.62 and I'm facing issues to to module compatibility. I was stuck with Pages2Pdf which I managed to solve bu updating the module from Github, but now it's the Pages Web Service module... and this time, I don't know wht to do
      The Module is found there. But it is quite old and I can't find it in the modules catalogue... and my site is making quite a use of it (I can't think of a way to do otherwise, sorry...)
      After adding the FileCompiler=0 to the module pages, the error I'm stuck with is :
      Fatal error: Class 'WireData' not found in /home/celfred/PlanetAlert/site/modules/ServicePages/ServicePages.module on line 22
      and I have no idea on what to do... I must admit I'm not a programmer but a middle-school teacher... (for your information, here's the site I'm talking about : http://planetalert.tuxfamily.org ) but I'm struggling hard to solve the different issues I have to face and I'm wlling to understand things. I have just spent many hours trying to make 2.8 work on my localhost (and it seems ok ) but I'd like to switch to 3.x to prepare the future
      If anyone had the will to spend a few minutes to try and help me, I would greatly appreciate.
      Thanks in advance !
      If you need more information to understand my problem, feel free to ask.
    • By hellomoto
      I want to implement tables with Dynatable populated via ajax. Here's what I could muster:
      if($config->ajax) { $results = $pages->find($sanitizer->selector()); foreach($results as $r) $array[] = [ $r->title, $r->modified ]; header("Content-type: application/json"); echo json_encode($array); exit; } $content .= <<<EOT <table id="my-ajax-table"></table> <script> $("#my-ajax-table").dynatable({ dataset: { ajax: true, ajaxUrl: '.', ajaxOnLoad: true, records: [] } }); </script> EOT; But that's really nothing. Pro tips?