Shortcut edit links for Inputfields

bernhard

post-2137-0-26381200-1456250149_thumb.gi

this module is intended for superusers during development and alpha state (although there should be no critical parts)

only tested with chrome and pw 2.7.2

https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/InputfieldEditLinks

todo:
 - check if it works with ajax fields
 - add icon to view current page template to change template specific field-values

bugs:
 - two icons on page fields
  • Like 2

@BernhardB - looks good, but I would like to know if there are any advantages over Soma's Helper Field Links: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/421-helperfieldlinks-field-and-template-edit-shortcuts/ which also provides links to edit fields and templates, as well a lots of info on the settings right there in the Inputfield.

Please don't this as a criticism - honestly curious, and also making sure you already know about the other module.

• Like 2

hi adrian,

of course i can, my module has several advantages:

• i tried your awesome tracy debugger for the first time ;)
  • i learned something new
  • i found out about soma's much better module and will have a look how he did it :)

thank's for pointing me to soma's module! should have found that earlier... would have saved me lots of clicking :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@bernhard

Just wanted to say thanks for this module. I prefer it to the Helper Field Links module because the link doesn't create any extra space in the inputfield, which is useful when setting the layout of inputfields as I see almost the same interface as site editors will see. Cheers! :)

• Like 1