3 replies to this topic

#1 alanfluff

alanfluff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

I don't seem to be able to get any user other than superuser to see a '+ Create New' link:

I don't know if I have hit a bug (I doubt it) or a gap in my knowledge (more likely) but I am using a Page field with Input type AsmSelect to allow editors to add existing tags* or make new ones (*tags=pages beneath /tags/). This all works fine and is covered in part here.

However I've found that even with a new user set to have all permissions they never see the '+ Create New' link to add another tag (page via AsmSelect). The superuser can see it fine.

Has anyone come across this type of problem or suggest something for me to go and look at/read that I may have missed? Thanks in advance for any comments.

#2 alanfluff

alanfluff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Additional info:

1. all pages, that's the one the editor is editing, /tags/ and /tags/the-children use the same template 'normal'
2. template 'normal' has view pages, edit pages, create pages, add children all ticked for the user role 'editor'
3. 'editor' has every right ticked from View pages down to User can update profile/password.
4. the 'editor' user who cannot see the '+ Create New' CAN navigate via the normal tree view and add a page under /tags/ and then return to the page they were editing and now select this page

Edited by alan, 28 March 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#3 Soma

Soma

• Moderators
  • 5,041 posts

• LocationSH, Switzerland

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

I can reproduce this. With an editor user with permission to create,edit, add children pages (on all templates), he can't create pages using the "+ Create new" below the ASMselect. Although he can add pages in the same place using the page tree.

@somartist | modules created | support me, flattr my work flattr.com

#4 alanfluff

alanfluff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

This issue has been fixed in the latest commit (fix issue #94) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users