Modules Manager

Soma

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

out of the sudden the Modules Manager only shows an incomplete list of modules (10 alltogether, no filtering applied).

That was after I manually uploaded the Thumbnails module.

Deleting cache files from Assets or deleting the Thumbmail modules files did not help.

I am running 1.07 and the limits are set to 300 files 6 redirects. Just in case.

What does it say on top?

Modules found on modules.processwire.com (160)

Where does it stop? What modules are listed?

Also is there a ModulesManager.cache file? It loads the list from this file and writes it when you refresh.

I can install Thumbnails just fine and everything works normal.

Modules found on modules.processwire.com (10)

ACE Text Editor   Stable 1.0.0 InputfieldAceEditor Admin Helpers, Input Fields adamkiss 2012/12/20 -  Admin Hot Keys   Beta 0.0.7 AdminHotKeys Admin Helpers soma 2013/04/27 installed: 0.0.7 edit AdminBar   Stable 1.0.0 AdminBar Admin Helpers apeisa 2013/03/20 installed: 1.0.0 edit After Save Actions   Beta 0.0.6 AfterSaveActions Admin Helpers, Process Modules nik 2013/02/09 installed: 0.0.6 edit Ajax Page Search   Stable 1.1.0 AjaxSearch Markup Generation, Other Modules soma 2012/12/02 installed: 1.1.0 edit Appy   Beta 1.0.0 AppyAdminTheme Admin Themes almonk 2012/12/22 - download Auto Upgrade   Alpha 1.0.3 AutoUpgrade Admin Helpers nico 2012/10/25 - download Batcher   Beta 1.0.3 ProcessBatcher Admin Helpers, Process Modules wanze 2013/03/28 - download BBCode Text Formatter     1.4.5 TextformatterBBCode Text Formatters ryan 2013/04/22 - download Blog Profile

There is a ModulesManager.cache file existing. 

After a refresh still 10 are shown, the cache file was updated correctly (show current time) and has 13KB - last entry Blog Profile

Solved - In the settings I had set the limit up to "300", Redirects "5". Refreshed.

Then it stopped working after having read in exactly 10 modules. 

Resetting the limit down to "200" (and refreshed) brought the module back to life again.

• 1 month later...

Based on some things I've been reading around the forums as well as experience from other systems, I think it would be nice if, when someone selects "Admin Themes" from the drop-down, the layout changes to show a thumbnail of the admin theme with author's name and other details below in a grid.

I realise that currently there is no simple way to do this, but an idea I had is that you simple add a thumbnail.jpg file to every theme on GitHub (and theme authors add these for new ones too) and as long as each thumbnail is the same name you can link to them directly with a URL a bit like this: https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2sharp/raw/master/square-logo.png

I think linking to them is fine and that way you rule out showing an old thumbnail - I did toy with the idea of downloading them into a cache but you can never be sure you have the latest (though there are ways to check).

I was going to attempt this myself but I'll be mega-busy for at least a month and besides, Soma is a coding machine :D

What do you think? Kind of like the themes page for WordPress but just for admin themes. Could even allow a few thumbnails (up to 3 maybe) and do something neat around that?

If authors don't put their themes on GitHub then they do lose out, but the counter-argument is that they lose out by not having them on GitHub - several of my modules have received updates recently that I haven't had to be involved in other than committing the changes, so I'm sure themes can benefit in the same way :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I do - if you pick some from lower down the list the updated date is yesterday or the 18th, rather than the actual date the module was last updated. Something to do with ryan's recent tweaks to the modules page maybe?

This may be showing in ModulesManager too I guess, but I just looked at the modules page on this website.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

I'm getting the exact same issue as above as ceberlin except now there appears to be over 200 modules and am not getting some in my list (such as the Zurb Foundation Site profile)

To clarify

- Modules manager fetches the first 200 modules (appears to be alpha)

- I then update the limit of modules in settings

- Anything over a limit of 200 results in only the first 10 being fetched (alpha sorted)

- Resetting back to 200 brings in the list of 200 again

Thanks!

ps - I love this module!!

Alex 

@alexl

Thank but this has nothing to do with ModulesManger rather than the http://modules.processwire.com/export-json/ Ryan has limited to 200 max.

So Ryan needs to update the service to allow for max >200.

Of course a limit makes sense and I'm not sure how to deal with the ever growing list of modules. We need to find a solution to keep the list short.

- pagination (not sure how)

- per kategorie listings only (at some point will maybe exceed 200 too)

- not sure ...

Currently the json file is downloaded and cached.

Also I'm seeing now that Ryan includes the "readme" in the json array too, which makes it a whole (whole!) lot bigger and longer :) Maybe we can optimize this more to get a listing with only meta data, and a way to get more details on request. But not sure yet.

edit: just seen that the feed support pagination already, but with that I would find a way to cache per page... anybody? :)

I just went and added support for pagination.

I pushed the update to the dev branch of the module you find here: https://github.com/somatonic/ModulesManager/tree/dev

Still working out on the details for categories. Currently it just filters on a per page basis, so it possible there's a page not showing anything if category filter is set.

Once you changed the limit in modules settings, you should hit refresh first on the ModulesManager screen to delete all cache files. It will create a cache file per page.

So it all works now with unlimited modules but still need some work and I'm waiting for the JSON feed from modules.processwire.com to allow for more filtering.

• Like 3

Does this happen for all modules or just the one you posted? I also experiences rare cases where the downloaded zip is corrupt and it isn't able to open it (it's where the message comes from.

If it happens always, it looks like somethings wrong with your php and I have no idea what could be wrong.

Have you tried doing it with a manual or different script to open a zip file?

I just went and added support for pagination.

I pushed the update to the dev branch of the module you find here: https://github.com/somatonic/ModulesManager/tree/dev

Still working out on the details for categories. Currently it just filters on a per page basis, so it possible there's a page not showing anything if category filter is set.

Once you changed the limit in modules settings, you should hit refresh first on the ModulesManager screen to delete all cache files. It will create a cache file per page.

So it all works now with unlimited modules but still need some work and I'm waiting for the JSON feed from modules.processwire.com to allow for more filtering.

Thanks heaps Soma!  I'll try checking out the dev branch this weekend.

Alex

Strange, does it work with the PW core modules download/installer?

Yeah the github has some crazy redirects, as they changed urls quite often. But since it works for everyone I wonder why it isn't in your case. Looks like you get the redirect message downloaded and not a redirect. This could have to do with a configuration for file_get_contents. There's a max redirect setting in ModulesManager set to 3. You could try setting this up, but I think it won't make a difference.

Anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

Ryan has pushed the limit to 350 for now. So you can now again use the master ModulesManager version and set the limit to 350 in the module setting. He also removed the readme text from the feed so this will make the data loaded a lot smaller.

Regarding save_mode, this is something that is deprecated in php 5.3 and removed in php 5.4, so not positive to add additional check for it.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I pushed a little update to 1.0.9

• fixes dependency issue with extending module that isn't installed yet
  • installing module now only possible if requirements are met by the module info
  • some changes to the module table columns and showing summary directly, added "added" date column and number of likes from users
  • module dependencies now shown below summary if any.
  • Like 2

Hi,

nobody with this little issue when use ModulesManager?

Warning: Missing argument 4 for ModulesManager::getActions(), called in .../src/cinema/site/modules/ModulesManager/ModulesManager.module on line 255 and defined in .../src/cinema/site/modules/ModulesManager/ModulesManager.module on line 469

Only with 1.0.9.

It's not an issue but a warning. I commited an update that removes this already some time ago.

Ok, checked on GitHub and it is fixed.

So.. I think that is not up to date on modules directory. Should you change the version to update it on PW site?

It is up to date 1.0.9 is latest, but I didn't bother upping the version number for such small warning fix that I did shortly after commiting 1.0.9.  

m

If you would install it new you would get 1.0.9 with that fix in. There's not separate version/copy or repo on the PW site, so it's getting it always from the github repo anyway. Or am I wrong?