mr-fan

New project a nice growing "kindergarten"

Hi Guys,

done a small kindergarten project that works with care on kids only in the wood and outdoor.

http://waldkindergarten-altfraunhofen.de/

It's my second project with PW and learning so much on every project i'm getting better and better with API, modules, using more special tools.... ;)

like on this one first time:

• AIOM->greatTool
  • MarkupWeather->worksGreat
  • PageProtector + PageRenameOptions for the building time

and AllTimeLovers:

• AdminCustomPages
  • ChangeImageSelect
  • MarkupSimpleNavigation
  • PageListBetterLabels
  • TemplateDecorator
  • VersionControl
  • MarkupSitemapXML
  • ModulesManager
  • CropImage
  • Changelog
  • ListerPro

The project is a small budget so i'm relying on a individual changed themeforrest template - no own design this time.

With this one i've made my first experience with URL Segments and i love it like everything else in PW!

Worked out a little "archive" script with 80 line of Code and some URL Segments for the /archiv/ as SEG1 and cat or year as SEG2 should work great. Using the PagerMarkup with Somas Code for SEO friendly links - Thanks for this one.

At least thank you all and especially Ryan for making such little happy things possible!

post-2327-0-70544600-1427330786_thumb.jp

• Like 9

Just forgot - i'll always wanna share the interesting parts to this forum so may others can learn something or i can improve something...

i use in my template the delegate approach with a

_init.php and a

_main.php

for the whole HTML Part....but i've read from Horst about a great and simple solution to split up easy HTML parts for special contents and templates...with this simple lines of code:

_init.php

$myLayout 	= "default"; 	//default layout

_main.php

<?php include_once("./layouts/_{$myLayout}.php");?>

So i could use twocol layout if needed mabe if i've subpages:

// If the page has children, then render navigation to them under the body.
// and get the sidebar
$level = count($page->parents);
if ($page->template != "start") {
	if($page->hasChildren || $page->siblings && $level == 2) {
		$myLayout = "twocol";
		$sidebar = "<p>".$page->meta_description."</p>";
	}
}

or get some more logic together with URL Segments on the mentioned archive page:

<?php
// aktiv-root.php template file
// overview - all activities from the kids
//I've /aktuelles/archiv/2014/ or /aktuelles/archiv/kochen/
//segment1 = archiv  ->show the archiv
//segment2 = jahr 	->show the posts from choosen year
//segment2 = kochen	->show the posts from choosen cat

//get all segments for choosing the output/layout!
$seg1 = $sanitizer->pageName($input->urlSegment1);
$seg2 = $sanitizer->pageName($input->urlSegment2);
$seg3 = $sanitizer->pageName($input->urlSegment3);
//get the rootpage of the posts
$aktivroot = $pages->get(1063);
//Load normal akitv_root Layout with isotope view of the last 12 entries!
if (!$seg1) {
	$myLayout = "aktiv_root";
	$headinfo .= "<h5><a href='{$aktivroot->url}archiv/#start' alt='Archiv'>Alle Einträge im Archiv</a></h5>";
}
//check if we are in /archiv/ first!
if ($seg1 && $seg1 != 'archiv') {
	// unknown URL segment, send a 404
	throw new Wire404Exception();
}
//check for the third urlsegment not needed
if ($seg3) {
	// unknown URL segment, send a 404
}
//get startet to separate the posts in years and categories
if($seg1 == 'archiv') {
	//Load categorie akitv_archiv Layout show all or divided by category or year!!
	$pageNum = $input->get->page ? $input->get->page - 1 : 0;
	$limit = 5;
	$start = $pageNum * $limit;
	$posts = $pages->find("template=aktiv,start=$start,limit=$limit,sort=aktiv_date");
	$myLayout = "aktiv_archiv";
	$headinfo .= "<h2>Alle Einträge im Archiv</h2>";
	if ($seg2){
		if(preg_match('/^(\d{4})$/', $seg2, $matches)) { //Load year View if $seg2 wrong 404
			// A URL segment matched in the format of year-month, i.e. /news/2010-12
			$year = $matches[1];
			$startYear = strtotime("$year-01-01");
			$endYear = strtotime("$year-12-01");
			$now = time();
			//Load dates aktiv_archiv Layput show all posts for a selected year
			$posts = $aktivroot->children("aktiv_date>=$startYear, aktiv_date<$endYear");
			$headinfo  = "";
			$headinfo .= "<h2>Alles aus dem Jahr ". $seg2 ."</h2>";
			if ($posts == ""){
				// not valid category, send a 404
			}
		} else { //Load cat View if $seg2 wrong 404
			//get all categories
			$cat = $pages->get(1077)->children("include=all");
			//search for the given urlsegment3 as the category
			$catsearch = $pages->get("/site/aktivitaeten-typen/{$seg2}/");
			$found = $cat->filter("id={$catsearch->id}");
				if ($found == ""){
					// not valid category, send a 404
				}
			// valid category, list items in it
			// Load categorie akitv_archiv Layout with listing of all entries of one category
			$posts = $pages->find("template=aktiv,limit=2,aktivcat={$found},sort=aktiv_date");
			$headinfo  = "";
			if (count($posts)) {
				$headinfo .= "<h2>Alles zum Thema ". $catsearch->title ."</h2>";
			} else {
				$headinfo .= "<h2>Leider keine Artikel zum Thema ". $catsearch->title ." vorhanden!</h2>";
			}
		} //end cat or year view = seg2
	} //end /archiv/ = seg1
} //end output

(may someone find some mistakes i'm not a PHP proffesional - and always open for refactoring.... ;) )

Best regards mr-fan

• Like 4

Thanks folks for the 300 likes....:-)

• Like 2

Now you have two more :)

• Like 1