[resolved] Add dynamically generated image to ImageField

Adam Kiss

Hey all,

I'm trying to add dynamically generated Google Chart Image to image field, but... it doesn't work :)

$imgSrc = 'https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs=920x200&cht=bvs&chd=t:0,7,0,0,4,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,2,0,0,0,7,11,4,0,3,4,2,4,6,1&chds=a&chm=B,eeeeee,0,0,0&chls=3&chco=222222'
 $page->images->add($imgSrc);

It fails with 'Exception: Unable to copy: ' and adds a bunch of data.

I've got two questions: How can I affect the filename of the file created [thus add some extension, for instance it's PNG file]. And more importantly, why doesn't this work? :D I know for a fact that URL adding works.

Edit: Actually, this is how I save this:

$page->images->removeAll();
$page->images->add($commitsGraphSrc); //it's an URL for google chart API
$page->images->add($languagesGraphSrc); //another URL for gchart API
$page->save();

Hey Adam, we cut out of the conference early and just made it back. There's a few issues with this URL that make it not compatible. First is that I'm not sure you can pull through https with a PHP stream (though not positive). Second is that there's nothing about that URL to indicate it's a file. ProcessWire isn't going to know what to do with it because there's no filename or extension. I think you'd have to find some other way to get this saved to a file and then import to ProcessWire from there.

Hey Ryan, you probably misunderstood ;) I switched from generating the URL with '&' (HTML encoded ampersand) to '&' (ampersand only) and now it works. I pull the google image in, save the page, then do some renaming... and suddenly, I've got nicely named google charts :)