Site for german construction tool company

MadeMyDay

Another one out of the door:

http://www.rokamat.com/

post-472-0-26303900-1411135520_thumb.jpg

A very nice little family-driven company which mainly builds grinders. Focus on that site is the presentation of their products with their fields of application. There is a kind of complex logic behind the accessoires database. There are single items, families and so on. These can be added to each product individually (thanks to page selector ;) ). For example: http://www.rokamat.com/en/produkte/grinders/rokamat-chameleon/#zubehoer

Additionally there is a dealer section with offers only for dealers. Not yet online is the dealer search where customers can search by address and get nicely displayed map entries (will update the post when ready).

First time I used the new Pro Fields (Multiplier and the Profield Table), very nice :)

• Like 15

Besides coding, did you also do the layout, colors, text and pictures ? They all fit together

and reflect a company with those products very well. Very nice slide show on the right side

with seemingly quarter circle filled pictures stroked with a banner line. Wonder how you did that.

• Like 1

Besides coding, did you also do the layout, colors, text and pictures ?

They had one corporate color, surprisingly orange ;-) Text is written by the client and also the pictures are taken by them. These images – although made by amateurs – were of such good (and authentic) quality I decided to give them prominent space. Interesting sidenote: My original first draft (http://rokamat.siebennull.com/) had standard slider, but they said: "well, we like that, but our application imagery is always in portrait mode because of the handling of those machines. So I went with something different ;-)

with seemingly quarter circle filled pictures stroked with a banner line. Wonder how you did that.

Nothing special. It's a alphatransparent PNG which is placed on top of the images. A bit expensive because of the wall structure though (couldn't cut it below 170kb :( ). But the whole slider is not loaded at all on mobile, so I think it is okay. the height is calculated on load/resize with JS.

• Like 2

There is a kind of complex logic behind the accessoires database. There are single items, families and so on. These can be added to each product individually (thanks to page selector ;) ). For example: http://www.rokamat.com/en/produkte/grinders/rokamat-chameleon/#zubehoer

Great job indeed! Would you mind showing some admin screenshots? I would like to see how you organized the accessories templates and relationships. 
I'm always interested in seeing how did you guys build the admin templates and how the content is organized; see what fields where used and so on. :) Sometimes creating an easy to use ('client-proof') content structure is more difficult than design and develop the frontend. :)

very nice site, i really like it!

thanks for showing me yumpu - i was using issuu so far :) is it possible to get rid of the long and ugly filename?

post-2137-0-36766100-1411202248_thumb.pn

i also had one issue when resizing the viewport and using the mobile nav to "anwendungsgebiete"

post-2137-0-23607500-1411202243_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Great job indeed! Would you mind showing some admin screenshots? I would like to see how you organized the accessories templates and relationships. 

Sure. This is the structure, nothing special so far ("Zubehör" is "Accessoires", a hidden node).

post-472-0-70207600-1411239011_thumb.jpg

Under that node, the client can build accessoire categories and in that single items. These items can consist of several different item variations and multiple images. This is the UI for the accessoire items:

post-472-0-66163400-1411239918_thumb.jpg

You see the Pro Field Multiplier for the item variations (unfortunately I had to double/triple that because it is not yet multi language aware). Will try to extend the language field tabs for also tabbing alternate language fields.

Each product has a page field for selecting either accessoire items or whole categories:

post-472-0-86737900-1411240105_thumb.jpg

In this accessoire template I then list the items and them into the accessoire tab.

The product features are filled with the ProField textarea, in the template I only render the features that are filled. One special here: German is master data, for language variations they only have to edit the changed feature.

post-472-0-11659500-1411240341_thumb.jpg

If you have further questions, go ahead!

i also had one issue when resizing the viewport and using the mobile nav to "anwendungsgebiete"

Thanks, fixed. This is just a helper navigation item for mobile, I forgot to redirect it to the first child.

is it possible to get rid of the long and ugly filename?

sure, will tell the client to rename it. Thx again!

• Like 5