How to make my search work?

Kae

Hey, guys. I've been a daily visitor of this forum and have learned a lot from you, thanks for that. \o/

I'm learning php, so I'm quite noob =( , and decided to try and learn it with processwire. I'm loving it. I really enjoy the fact that I can build something based on totally different approaches.

But  I'm having a problem on how to create and structure a Search. Can someone provide me a few tips on where to begin?

Thanks in advance

xoxo

Hi Kae,

Welcome to the forums!

The default ProcessWire install comes with a template file called search.php. It's a demo of search functionality. If you are still learning PHP and hopefully some PW basics too :-)...I suggest you have a look at that file first and grasp what is going on. As you can see, it is only a few lines of code. You can change a couple of things to suit your needs. If you require more specific help, feel free to post questions :-)

Hi Kae,

Welcome to the forums!

The default PW profile and the Zurb Foundation profiles that are available all come with a search box, search template, search page and associated search.php file. Have you tried using these? Or do you need something more customized?

Well Kongondo just beat me to it :)

Thank you guys!

I took a little longer to reply because I had connection issues.

After looking at the files I could finally understand it (and the search works!!!). Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction = )