Comments - Your submission was not saved due to one or more errors.

opalepatrick

Getting a "Your submission was not saved due to one or more errors." error message.

I do have this working on another site same server, no problem. I have worked through and compared both and I cant see a difference, so a bit baffled. Thing is I am not getting any useful info, even in the error logs. I also have debug to true. Stepped through everything again just in case.

Anyone able to point me in a direction to suss the problem?

The complete error message is I think: 

"Your submission was not saved due to one or more errors. Please check that you have completed all fields before submitting again."

So I do think that or you've build the comment form yourself, and there's a typo in the name of the input or not all fields are filled in.

Thanks Martijn, 

I removed this array('requireSecurityField' => 'security_field') from $page->comments->renderForm() and it now works. I saw that I needed to have a hidden field for it to work. Strangely the other example is identical and does not have the hidden field either but still works. Anyway, I am happy.

Thanks for the comments as it made me step though every little thing once more :-)