Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Last week I mentioned the new Actions menu on MediaHub input fields. I started with Copy to field.

Next up is Palette. It's a free companion module that analyses image colours and lets you copy a hex.

Why I built it
I was building a site with a hero banner consisting of photo on the left, solid colour block on the right. I needed colours that complemented the image and more importantly, a quick way to grab a hex code and paste it into the field that drives the block colour.

Nothing in my usual workflow did that without leaving the admin or opening the image through external tools. 

What it does
Palette analyses an image and surfaces the most prominent colours, with an indication of how much of the image each one accounts for.

In the module settings you can choose how many swatches to show (anywhere from 1 to 10). Click a colour to copy its hex code to the clipboard, then paste it wherever you need it (a colour field, theme token, inline style, etc.). It does not write to a field for you. That part is still manual for now.

There are also a few colour-wheel views if you want to explore alternatives, plus a custom picker if you already know roughly what you’re after.

How to use it

  • Install the MediaHub Palette companion module (see below).
  • Set your preferred swatch count in the module config.
  • On a MediaHub field card, open Actions → Generate palette on an image.
  • Pick a swatch, copy the hex, paste it where you need it.

It also appears on library asset page so you can explore a pallete from the MediaHub library.

screenshot-mediahub-palette-field.thumb.png.7ba1ab4c843e8f566b8d128f53555787.png

screenshot-mediahub-palette-modal.thumb.png.41e356810a7ca412e0a64bee5f0587a2.png

 

Get it
Palette is free for Media Hub users. It will shortly live as a separate download in your licence account area. Because it's fairly niche, I didn't bundle it inside the main MediaHub package.

What’s not in it (yet)
Extracted colours are not stored on the asset and are not exposed through the MediaHub API at the moment. I’m considering that for a future release . E.g. saving a palette against an asset or piping a chosen colour into a custom field automatically.

For now it’s a practical “analyse this image and give me copyable hex codes” tool.

Cheers

P

 

 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...