Migrate a gallery from ImageExtraFields to current version

biber

Hi,

I have built a simple website  based on image-galleries some years ago. (malabu.de) To add descriptions I used the ImageExtraModule by just3be. In the database I can see, that some of the data are collected in the field 'filedata' in the table field_images, while the fields  'caption', 'description', 'textarea' stay empty. It looks like

{"_109":{"data":"ehemalige Post","data1015":""},"_108":"schon lange gibt es hier kein Postamt mehr","_110":"S\u00f6rup","_111":"einhundertelf","_112":"2024-02-17 00:00:00"}

very confusing.

I would prefer to get the content seperated into the standard fields like 'caption', 'description', 'textarea'

Thanks @ngrmm,

I have read the announcement about the new custom field option.

My problem is: I have a site with about 1500 images with more or less text in ImageExtraFields. This is stored all together in one field 'filedata' as shown in my first post. Now I want to separate this content and put it into fields 'caption', 'description', 'textarea', which are existing in the database, but empty.

Here a screenshot of the database structure:

database_screenshot_field_images.jpg.2e193791c73bccc758bedda28067ca76.jpg

I think you might have it backwards? The "new image fields" actually use the filedata column to save the individual fields value, the older modules used to alter the schema of the image field. Someone correct me if I'm wrong 🤔

• Like 1

Hi @elabx,

thanks for your reply. Maybe, I did not yet understand the technique of "new image fields", and so it was not very helpful to mess around with the database. I will try to purge the relics of the old system from my templates and be happy.

Thanks for your help, @elabx, also to @ngrmm, who's hint showed the key page.

• Like 1