WebP to JPG

Robin S

WebP to JPG

Converts WebP images to JPG format on upload. This allows the converted image to be used in ProcessWire image fields, seeing as WebP is not supported as a source image format.

Config

You can set the quality (0 – 100) to be used for the JPG conversion in the module config.

Usage

You must set your image fields to allow the webp file extension, otherwise the upload of WebP images will be blocked before this module has a chance to convert the images to JPG format.

extensions

https://github.com/Toutouwai/WebpToJpg
https://processwire.com/modules/webp-to-jpg/

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

• Robin S changed the title to WebP to JPG
  • 7 months later...

Hey @Robin S

when trying to use your module I'm getting following error:

unable to open file `/tmp/magick-3212377FV32zRu53SoM': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/604

1323920082_2024-06-0411_16_45-BearbeiteSeite_TestProduktWebPsysbremen.vieregg.designMozillaFirefox.thumb.png.3d8fb403362a8462180a2eaa6921279b.png

Edit: PHP 8.2.6 - ProcessWire 3.0.229 © 2024

Any ideas?

Many greets!

13 hours ago, DV-JF said:

when trying to use your module I'm getting following error:

unable to open file `/tmp/magick-3212377FV32zRu53SoM': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/604

I don't know for sure but it looks like a problem with your Imagick configuration or file permissions. The module won't be able to solve that but if you update to the newly released v0.2.2 there is an option in the module config where you can choose to use GD for the conversion instead.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Robin S said:

I don't know for sure but it looks like a problem with your Imagick configuration or file permissions. The module won't be able to solve that but if you update to the newly released v0.2.2 there is an option in the module config where you can choose to use GD for the conversion instead.

@Robin S, you're fantastic! GD libary is working fine for me! Thanks a million for the quick update!

• Like 1