RockMigrations πŸš€πŸš€ The Ultimate Automation and Deployment-Tool for ProcessWire

bernhard

I just pushed an update to the DEV branch that I really believe should be part of the core:

lD0S1OI.png

That means you can still edit all settings on the module config screen, but you can override any setting in config.php like this:

<?php
$config->rockmigrations = [
  'syncSnippets' => true,
];

My module now shows that changes in a nice and easy way (bubble 2) and it also comes with links to edit a setting directly (1), which will scroll to the field in question πŸ™‚Β 

What do you think, would this be helpful for your modules as well? Should this be part of the core?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bernhard said:

I just pushed an update to the DEV branch that I really believe should be part of the core:

The Image isnβ€˜t working πŸ˜‰Β 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @gebeer nothing dangerous πŸ˜‰Β 

⚠ BREAKING CHANGES
remove ImageMurl tweak in favour of Latte Filter

I don't think that anybody except me was using this, but it's a breaking change...

Anybody not using it can safely update.

Before:

{$img->maxSize(500,500)->murl}

After:

{$img->maxSize(500,500)->webp->url|vurl}

This adds a version-url string for cache busting which is especially great when changing image focus point as then often the image url does not change (its still ...500x500...) but the image should get reloaded by the browser. This simple latte filter ensures that and the old ->murl had problems with webp so I changed itΒ πŸ™‚Β 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

From latest Rock Monthly newsletter:

RockMigrations v4.3.0

• New methodΒ ο»ΏhidePageFromTree()
  • New config setting to disable magic methods (request by @netcarver)Β ο»Ώhttps://tinyurl.com/ykv9otsc
  • Improved the "copy code" feature in the PWΒ ο»Ώbackend GUI
  • Improved method renderTable()
  • Like 1

Hi @bernhardΒ I just tried adding the following tweak to the tweaks/ directory, and am getting an error from RockMigrations when the admin reloads.Β  If I remove my attempted tweak, everything works again.Β  I think this is in RM, rather than the tweak file.Β  Thanks for the module, BTW.

image.thumb.png.bcf5b4745d979c897252fcd3ef19b9a3.png.f59acc542abbd2cfb6d6febcf7f544dd.png

PageListShowExtras.php

Yes, that's right. I use maybe 5 or so features from AoS and figured porting those over would be a good way to learn both how AoS does it, and how your tweaks work. I'll add as PRs, with attribution to tpr, as I go.

Updated to add: First four tweaks from AoS done and in as a pull request.

1. Show extra actions by default.
  2. Show template name as a link to the template edit page.
  3. "Bypass trash" adds the Delete button to the page action list and also allows permanent deletion from the delete tab when editing pages.
  4. Prev/Next page edit links.

image.png.aa90f10e083dcee7e65edeb7c81b0ef7.png

image.thumb.png.bbccdd11ba99fd37271b099b34ac5505.png

• Like 3

I really like the idea with a tweaks pluggable collection. But I would prefer its usage was separated from the RockMigration module, so one could use tweaks without the more developer-centricΒ  migration tool. I thought that @bernhardstarted a dedicated module for that, but not sure if it is still alive.

• Like 5

The RockAdminTweaks repo says...

... you can place your own tweaks in /site/assets/RockAdminTweaks and they will automatically be included and handled by RATs.

Does RockMigrations have the same tweak loading ability from the assets directory?

19 hours ago, Ivan Gretsky said:

I really like the idea with a tweaks pluggable collection. But I would prefer its usage was separated from the RockMigration module, so one could use tweaks without the more developer-centricΒ  migration tool. I thought that @bernhardstarted a dedicated module for that, but not sure if it is still alive.

I totally support this. Since the tweaks part of RM can be expected to grow, I also think it would be better to have this in a separate module. RM really should be what it states: the ultimate automation and deployment tool. This is where it shines. I'd be sad to see it become bloated with functionality not related to that. Just my honest opinion.

• Like 5

I was unaware of RockAdminTweaks and have now installed it alongside RockMigrations. Porting the tweaks over is very simple (just a change to the namespace in the tweak file) and I prefer having them in the assets folder as well.

• Like 2

Hey guys, please check out the new version of RockAdminTweaks which now even has a forum thread πŸ˜„Β 

Would be great to get some PRs with tweaks!

@netcarverΒ I decided to rewrite the module because I didn't like some aspects of the old one.

@Ivan GretskyΒ I've just added those tweaks to RM because I was lazy and I did not get a single feedback on that RockAdminTweaks at all. But I agree that tweaks have nothing to do with RM, so I'm fine with moving them away from RM into a dedicated module. Do you have time to help with that?

• Like 1