SwimToWin

$page->isPublished() method #request

As an admin I want to use the API to ask if a page is published - using the $page->isPublished() method - so that I know it's published - as opposed to unpublished or trashed pages. That includes hidden pages.

This method will correspond to Settings -> Status when editing pages:

page-status.png.687c6020a4c73de76bcb28c76c3a74b6.png

(Published is also mentioned explicitly where the edit page says "Published on [?]".)

I would expect the API - and specifically the $page->hasStatus() method - to ask if a page has status published.
But as I can see, it's only possible to ask for exceptions such as isUnpublished() and isHidden().

<?php
// This fails with "Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant 'statusPublished'"
if($page->hasStatus(Page::statusPublished)) { echo 1; }
?>

PS: My current use case is that I want to count number of published vs. unpublished pages. I can only do that by getting all pages (include=all), then subtract any unpublished pages.

This will count the number of published pages (not under Admin or Trash). Is this what you need?

$pages->count('has_parent!=2,has_parent!=7,status!=unpublished');

• Like 1

You could use 

if(!$page->isUnpublished()); // take note of the ! to negate the command
// or
if($page->isUnpublished() !== true)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rjgamer
      Hi,
      is there a hook after the current (active) page got created? Or which method got called in the Page class after the Constructor of the current page got initialized?
      Thanks.

• By killedfriendz
      I am very sorry for asking this but i totally do not understand how to set values of checbox using API. 
      I have checbox field on my page with name "order_status". 
      So i've tried few ways to make it checked but it still doesn't work:

$userPage->order_status->value = 1; $userPage->order_status->add(1); $userPage->order_status->add(true); Could you please tell me how to do it?
    • By rjgamer
      Hi guys,
      the field "redirect_last" of type DateTime got not updated. The update on the field "redirect_counter" works and got saved.
      Does anybody know what I did wrong in my code?
      if ($input->urlSegment(1) === 'redirect') { $page->of(false); $page->redirect_last = time(); $page->redirect_counter += 1; if ($page->save('redirect_counter')) { $session->redirect($page->website_url, 302); } } Thanks.
    • By totoff
      Dear all,
      I'm upgrading an older side with the new custom fields for images feature as of 3.0.142. My image field is set to "Automatic" and holds a bunch of images together with their respective description on each page. New custom fields include "caption" among others and to make my live easier I I'm trying to populate "caption" with the value from the (default) description field. But unfortunately I can't seem to find out how to save the newly set values. This is my code:
      <?php foreach (page()->images as $image) { $image->set('caption', $image->description); bd($image->caption); echo files()->render("markup/views/view-card-image-fancybox.php", array('image'=>$image)); } ?> <?php $page->save(); bd($page->save()); ?> This sets the value as intended (see screenshot) but doesn't save it permanently to the database. What am I doing wrong?
      Thanks!

• By ngrmm
      My clients wants a modal to show up on every page. But when a user clicks inside the modal -> a session-cookie is set and the modal gets a class.
      // user clicks on modal button $('.modal_button').click(function(){ // 1. set PW session cookie // 2. toggle class $('.modal').toggleClass('off'); }); I know how to set a cookie on page-load via PW-API. But the click on the modal button does not force a page-load. So i have to set the cookie through javascript. Is there a way to do that?