[solved] Image description not being stored into the database

olafgleba

Hi,

maybe kind of related to https://processwire.com/talk/topic/13286-image-description-not-saving/ but with other environment bits.

While adding a new page/edit a existing page containing a image field, the image itself gets stored into the database but strangely the entered description does not. More strangely this only happens on my staging server. Within my local dev environment all is fine. And beside of this particular problem, all parts of the PW instance works fine. On both environments (s. below).

First suspicion was the varying PHP/mysl versions of the local <-> staging environment. But, there are many working projects with the identical setting (s. below).  And i never encounter this problem so far.

No error/log/console output. It just fails to get stored.

Local Environment: PHP  7.4.6, mysql 5.7.29, PW 3.0.148
Staging Environment*: PHP 7.0.33, maria DB 10.1.46, PW 3.0.148

Maybe someone has a hint what to try?  Thanks in advance.

*) I cannot change the staging server php/mysql settings because its part of a shared hosting account.

Does it fail with any string you input? I have sometimes had issues with particular sets of data being submitted blocked by mod_security. I know it's unlikely that it is something you can change due to your hosting, but you describe a very similar situation I was in, so maybe if trying with string of different lengths or different pages.

FYI, i got in touch with the hosting support. It turned out that my first suspicion was kind of right. The PHP version on the staging environment was actually not 7.0.33 (as shown in the hosting backend) but a old 5.6.x. And that causes the problem. Switching to PHP 7.x.x solves it.

• olafgleba changed the title to [solved] Image description not being stored into the database