codevark

created VM with PW from Bitnami OVA, seems to be "installed", can't log in as admin

The Minimal Site works fine, but if I try to login as admin, I have no idea what the credentials are.

I did not do the "install" process myself. The OVA came with everything set up, but there's no mention of the PW admin credentials being set to some initial value.

Wondering if anyone else has tried the Bitnami OVA and if there's a simple answer.

--Pete

Generally the username and password are shown on the terminal, on top of the shell in the disclaimer at the end of the installation typically giving you the scheme, IP and the credentials.

Try user asย usernameย and bitnamiย as password.

ย 

Edit:ย https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/faq/get-started/find-credentials/

Capture.PNG.f6da4957900e032cfce1742c12f1d3c4.PNG

• Like 1

I've tried that. And many other combos. I did not install PW, so I never saw any info "post-install". It came already installed, inside the OVA package.

When I connect to the VM, I can log in to the prompt using the (changed) user bitnami credentials. But if I open the PW Minimal Site in a browser, and try to log in as admin...

I also posted this question on the bitnami forum. Maybe someone over there has the key.

Thanks,
Pete

ย 

ย 

mmmh ok, downloading and trying, stay tunedย ๐Ÿง

ย 

8 minutes ago, codevark said:

When I connect to the VM, I can log in to the prompt using the (changed) user bitnami credentials.

And what give this command-line ?

sudo cat /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials

Nope, you were right -- I just had to re-login to the console, and there it was right there.

Duh.

Thanks again,

Pete

ย 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sambadave
      Hi there
      Short version of question
      Let's say I have a page in the admin that contains a field... Is it possible to output the content from that field on another page in the admin? Almost like a reference.
      Longer version of question (with example)
      A house builder with multiple (60+) developments. They want to be able to create notices/messages that can be added to one or many developments. Handy for things like regional covid lockdowns or temporary office closures due to bad weather.
      My approach for the admin editing options:
      Add each message to each development
      Pros: You edit the message on the development page in context
      Cons: Very time consuming and repetitive if the same message needs to be applied to 60+ developments
      ย  Control all the messages from one admin page and say which development each message should be applied to
      Pros: Easier to add/remove messages to more than one development at a time. Control all messages from one place.
      Cons: Content is not added on development page, which is where typical admin users may expect to find it I went for option 2 due to flexibility, and created a page within the admin for global development notices. This contains a repeater with:
      Field for message to display Checkbox list of all developments. The user can select which ones to apply each message to It's working really well but the only thing is that if the user goes to a specific development in the admin, the relevant messages aren't displayed in context (as they aren't edited on that page and instead on the global development notices page)... which may cause confusion when a new staff member / content admin tries to edit the text but there is no field when they go to the development admin page where they expect to see it...
      Solution???
      I don't require the message(s) to also be editable on the development page, but I wondered if there was a nice way to show it/them somehow. I feel like I am missing something really simple as I'm sure ProcessWire will have a nice way of achieving this, or maybe there are field settings that allow this kind of thing to happen?
      Any ideas on approaches or similar experiences would be much appreciated, even if it is just a much simpler example with the content from one field being shown on another admin page to get the ball rolling.
      Thanks in advance for any advice :)
    • By Marvin
      Hi,
      I'm still new at processwire, i want to ask, i was create a website with sign in system, but i want to add a access roles/permission for each user at my website. For now, i just can create a login user without any permission and the user data became as a pages in my processwire.
      Here i attach my code for login
      <?php $note = $note2 = $hidden =""; if($input->get->id == "logout") { $session->remove('login_id'); } if($input->post->submit) { $email = $sanitizer->email($input->post->email); $pass = $sanitizer->text($input->post->pass); $result = $pages->find("email=$email, text_1=$pass"); if(!$email || !$pass) { $note = "Data belum lengkap"; } else { if($result->count > 0) { $session->login_id = "$result"; $hidden = "style = 'diplay:none'"; $url=$pages->get("/files/")->httpUrl; header("Location:$url"); die(); } else { $note = "Akun tidak ditemukan"; } } } ?> And this code for login form
      <div class="frow-container"> <div class="frow centered mt-50"> <div class="col-md-1-3"> <div class="box p-40 shadow-light"> <h2 class="mb-20 text-center" <?=$hidden?>>Database Partitur<br>GII HIT</h2> <form method="post" <?=$hidden?>> <label>Username <input type="text" name="email"></label> <label>Password <input type="password" name="pass"></label> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Masuk"> </form> <p class="notif"><?=$note;?></p> <div class="text-center"><?=$note2;?></div> </div> </div> </div> </div> Just for remember, my user data now is a pages, and i cannot give any permission to user data.
      Thank you very much for help.
    • By kyksh
      Hi!
      I need users to login by their email address. This works when I change the value in ProcessLogin.module
      ย 122ย ย ย ย  protected $useEmailLogin = null;
      to
      122ย ย ย ย  protected $useEmailLogin = true;
      What would be a recommended way to enable this?
      There's this line in ProcessLogin.module:
      ย  15ย  * @property bool|int $allowEmail Whether or not email login is allowed (0|false=off, 1|true=Yes, 2=Yes or name also allowed)
      But I can't figure out how to set this. I tried next to $useEmailLogin in ProcessLogin.module and in config.php, but neither takes effect.
      BTW I tried module LoginWithEmail but it seems outdated. My PW version is 3.0.165
    • By humanafterall
      Hi,
      I would like to set an admin template to 'https only' as recommended in the Processwire security docs.
      However if I do this it forces this setting locally too, resulting in https://localhostย requests which result in an error page.
      Is there a simple way round this? Setting https for templatesย in the config?
      Thanks!
    • By jploch
      Hey folks,
      Iam working on a new Admin Theme, based on AdminThemeReno, which I would like to release for the publicย soon.
      Now I want to style the login page to fit the look and feel of the backend.

After some research, I found out that I have to set the "$config->defaultAdminTheme = 'AdminThemeName' " inside my site config.php file to load all the styles from my admin theme on the login page instead of the default ones.
      Is it possible to set this via api from my Admin Theme settings, without the need of editing the config file?
      ย 
ร—
ร—