jom

wireTempPath() deletes folder immediately

Hi everyone

It seems that I don't fully understand the wireTempPath() function and I need some help.

I use wireTempPath() to create a new location in assets/cache/WireTempDir and than copy a pdf from the assets/files/page folder to the new folder. I want the file to be accessible only for a limited time, that's why I use wireTempPath.

The file seems to be copied to the right location, but gets deleted right afterwards, according to 

As mentioned in the topic above, 

$wireTempDir->setRemove(false);

prevents the file to be deleted. But I like the file to be automatically deleted after a few days. So, how can I do that?

My code so far (everything works, but the automatic removal of the tempDir folder):

//generate and show download link
$folder = time(); // timestamp as temporary folder
$maxAge = (int) $settings->options_downloadlink_valid_hours * 3600; //tempDir wants maxAge as seconds                
$options = array(
	'maxAge' => $maxAge
);                        

$wireTempDir = wireTempDir($folder, $options);
$wireTempDir->setRemove(false);
$src_file = $page->ebook_download->filename;

// Create a new directory in ProcessWire's cache dir
if(wire('files')->mkdir($wireTempDir, $recursive = true)) {
  if(wire('files')->copy($src_file, $wireTempDir)){                        
    //get subdirs from tempDir:
    $pos = strpos($wireTempDir, "WireTempDir");
    $subdir = substr($wireTempDir, $pos, 100);                

$out .= "<p><a href='" . wire('pages')->get('template=passthrough')->httpUrl . "?file=" . $subdir . $page->ebook_download->basename . "' target='_blank'>$page->title</a></p>";  
  }
}     

I appreciate any ideas - thanks!

Oliver

Hello,

sorry if I don't understand your question well, but maybe you can try something different?

Here is legendary @Soma post about working with files, please find some time to read that (maybe you will get different idea).
As example, if you use that concept, you can append some date-time field and later get automated page/file deletion (using cron job, or on page/file render checks).
This option by default hide file path, but also because in this case you work with files as ProcessWire pages you can integrate and get other benefits (counting , custom statistics, custom and unique share/file url, download password protection etc...).

Regards.

Olsa, thanks for Somas post. This might be a solution, if wireTempPath won't work. I still hope to get to work. The question is actually quite simple: How can I get wireTempPath to delete it's folders?

I just noticed that the folders are deleted now. So maybe it's all fine now. Does anyone know how the deletion works? Does PW execute some cron jobs from time to time which runs over the temp directory?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By marcus
      wireshell 1.0.0 is out    
      See Bea's post

-------- Original post -----------
        Now this one could be a rather long post about only an experimental niche tool, but maybe a helpful one for some, so stay with me   Intention Do you guys know "Artisan" (Laravel) or "Drush" (Drupal)? If not: These are command line companions for said systems, and very useful for running certain (e.g. maintenance, installation) task quickly - without having to use the Admin Interface, first and foremost when dealing with local ProcessWire installations. And since it has a powerful API and an easy way of being bootstrapped into CLIs like this, I think such a tool has a certain potential in the PW universe.    It's totally not the first approach of this kind. But: this one should be easily extendable - and is based on PHP (specifically: the Console component of the Symfony Framework). Every command is tidily wrapped in its own class, dependencies are clearly visible, and so on.   ( Here was the outdated documentation. Please visit wireshell.pw for the current one )
    • By quickjeff
      Hi Guys, 
      I have been debugging a site for the last 2 hours and cannot solve the issue. 
      I have a site running on 3.0.148. 
      I installed the Kongondo Blog module and was updating the templates to include the website style. 
      Once everything was set and done, I checked the page tree to see an error appear. 
      Template must be assigned a name before 'filename' can be accessed
      The same error appears in templates. 
      Debugging Steps
      I checked the templates in the server to ensure I didnt accidentally delete the namespace.  Deleted cache in browser and server under assets Still no go. 
      Any help is appreciated. 
      Thanks! 
    • By Spyros
      Hello
      I'm having a strange issue with the $page->find(), for some reason I'm missing some of the pages from the results. I found then that I was missing all the pages with the same "PAGE NAME". Is it a bug or am I missing something?
      PS 
      If I change the "PAGE NAME" of one of the missing ones then I'm retrieving the page without any problem.
      Thank you
    • By Guy Incognito
      This short script loops through some images from an XML feed and pushes new ones to an image field. It all works perfectly, except for some reason the last image (only) in the loop each time doesn't receive the image description... can everyone spot why? TIA! 🙂 
      foreach ($propertyImages as $img) { $fileName = trim($img[0]); if ( !empty($fileName) ) { $imgPath = '../property_data/'.$fileName; if(file_exists($imgPath) && !in_array(strtolower($fileName),$currentImages)) { $p->property_images->add($imgPath); $p->save(); $newImg = $p->property_images->last(); $newImg->description = $img[1]; $p->save(); } } }  
    • By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I am working with Processwire since some time. But some topics are quite hard for me.
      I have a Portfolio (Gallery) Page.
      I am build a template with Portfolio Index and pages with portfolio entries.
      Structure:
      Portfolio Index
      -- Portfolio Entry
      -- Portfolio Entry
      and so on.
      Portfolio Entry has an Image field with max 12 images and are accessible Templates. 
      Now I want to display the single Portfolio Entry on the Portfolio Index and Paginate them. In the index page all images of a single Entry page should be displayed (I should not be organized as albums, where a random image of the portfolio entry should be displayed). 
      I have no clue to achieve this. May someone could give me an advice.
      Thank you in advance!