Hi!

Been doing some basic Twilio implementation for a client to enable them to automatically send text messages to registered users on page publish. As an upshot, I thought I would strip out the site specific work and stick up on github here: https://github.com/benbyford/TwilioChannels

This modules pulls in the Twilio APi and enables you to send SMS messages from your front or backend.

• Send SMS message
    • Truncate message to single message character limit
    • Auto-select number from range of numbers depending on $To number country of origin–this enables you to send messages with a local number to that user if one added to the config.

Templates usage:

$twilio = $modules->get("TwilioChannels");
$twilio->sendSMS($toNumber, $message);

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lmwt
      Hi there,
      I am new to PW but already very convinced. I need to build a dropdown button to browse in a collection of authors by country and language. The dropdown should be editable in the BACK and displayed on the same as the authors collection. I tried my luck with "PageField Creator" but I don't know how to display the dropdown, I simply used: 
      "$content .=$page->Land;" (the name of the select field)
      but nothing is displayed...
      I see there is a 2nd module out there to achieve this : "Select Options Fieldtype". I am not sure what is the difference, anyone has a tip?
      And a clear tutorial with the necessary steps to build this? I am a bit confused which should be the parent template or page, if it should have a file or not...
      Thanks a lot in advance!
    • By Noel Boss
      👋 PW Pros…
      I have some hooks that I need to bind at the init phase (or even __construct) and I was wondering, and I couldn't find a good and simple way to determine if I'm in the admin. Would be nice if there is a reliable short option to do so, but I can't seem to find one… Is there a coherent way to tell this no matter where I am?
      Right now, I use the following method inside one of my modules:
      public function isAdmin($page = null) { if ( strpos($this->input->url, $this->urls->admin) !== false || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageList || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageEdit || ($page instanceof Page && $page->rootParent->id == $this->config->adminRootPageID) ) { return true; } return false; } @ryan wouldn't it be nice to have something like wire()->isAdmin(); like wire()->user->isLoggedin(); to tell if we are in admin – very early on (probably even in __construct() phase of modules?
    • By J_Szwarga
      What is the best practice for having a form (only accessible to a logged in user) save the user's progress between sections of the form? Fieldsets? Multiple forms?
      Use case: I have a very long application form that would take 30 minutes for the applicant to fill out and I would hate for all progress to be lost due to user error. The progress needs to be logged into the user's page.
      Thanks!
    • By ryanC
      Hi, I have created a new install of Processwire 3.0.98, (local machine) and I am unable to install any modules from within Processwire itself. I go to Modules/Site/Add New/ then under "Module Class Name" I enter the name. The module appears, I hit "Download and Install", but I always get an error. For example: 
      "File could not be downloaded (https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger/archive/master.zip) 2: fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version, 2: fsockopen(): Failed to enable crypto, 2: fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://github.com:443 (Unknown error) (tried: curl, fopen, socket)"
      I have been able to track down some of the modules and just upload the zip file manually, but this is happening with every module that I had previously installed in another installation with no problems. Any ideas? 
      Thanks!