Sergio

Testing your site with Cypress (easy Javascript library)

Confession bear meme on tests: I'm a virgin.

Never implemented any of them, mostly because I work alone for many years now. But found this cool project today, called Cypress. 

This is the easiest way to test a website or app I've found. Check their intro video out: https://docs.cypress.io/guides/getting-started/writing-your-first-test.html

Note: I recommend this Chrome extension to speed up videos: https://github.com/igrigorik/videospeed as the narration of this video is kinda slow. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've not used it much and I don't really like the api much (seems very verbose compare to other tools), but it's integration makes up for very much. It's possible the best testing tool I've seen to date in terms of visualizing what's happening but also having an interface to visualize what's happening as the testsuite is run.

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CareerTeam GmbH
      Hi there,
      We are an executive search agency based in Germany looking for a freelancer (2-5 days per week) supporting us with the development and design of our websites. The position will be located in Hamburg, Germany and it would be great if you are on short call. German language knowledge is mandatory. 
      You can reach me via email jobs@careerteam.de.
      Thank you!
      Regards
      Annemie
    • By Peter Knight
      I have a few web forms which require testing on a weekly basis and I don't want the recipients (administrators) to receive these test emails.
      What would be a good way to test approx 15 forms from the front end and have the test delivered a list of secondary administrator recipients?
      I'm thinking that I could have some kind of config file which watches for a trigger word or email and then understands that it's a test and to bypass the normal admins?
      All of the forms ask for an email address so I could setup an email such as 'testform@email.not' etc which my config file (hook?) would watch for.
      Or is there a better way to do this?
      Additionally, I have a few extra requirements...
      Forms should goto an alternative success page. This is because I don't want my test to skew my Google Analytics conversion tracking Forms would need to be tested from the front-end and not the PW admin area Any advice appreciated.
      BTW I realise this should be posted in the proper FormBuilder support forum. I am in the process of renewing my license for access to that support forum.

• By Orkun
      Hi Guys
      I needed to add extended functionalities for the InputfieldDatetime Module (module is from processwire version 2.7.3) because of a Request of Customer.
      So I duplicated the module and placed it under /site/modules/.
      I have added 3 new Settings to the InputfieldDatetime Module.
      1. Day Restriction - Restrict different days based on weekdays selection (e.g. saturday, sunday) - WORKING

2. Time Slots - Define Time slots based on custom Integer Value (max is 60 for 1 hour) - WORKING

3. Time Range Rules per Weekday - Define a minTime and MaxTime per Weekday (e.g. Opening Hours of a Restaurant) - NOT WORKING PROPERLY

The Problem
      Time Slots and Day Restriction working fine so far. But the Time Range Rules per Weekday doesn't work right.
      What should happen is, that when you click on a date, it should update the minTime and maxTime of the Time Select.
      But the change on the select only happens if you select a date 2 times or when you select a date 1 time and then close the datepicker and reopen it again.
      The time select doesn't get change when you select a date 1 time and don't close the picker.
      Here is the whole extended InputfieldDatetime Module.
      The Files that I have changed:
      InputfieldDatetime.module InputfieldDatetime.js jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js (https://trentrichardson.com/examples/timepicker/) - updated it to the newest version, because minTime and maxTime Option was only available in the new version  
      Thats the Part of the JS that is not working correctly:
      if(datetimerules && datetimerules.length){ options.onSelect = function(date, inst) { var day = $(this).datetimepicker("getDate").getDay(); day = day.toString(); var mintime = $(this).attr('data-weekday'+day+'-mintime'); var maxtime = $(this).attr('data-weekday'+day+'-maxtime'); console.log("weekday: "+day); console.log("minTime: "+mintime); console.log("maxTime: "+maxtime); var optionsAll = $(this).datetimepicker( "option", "all" ); optionsAll.minTime = mintime; optionsAll.maxTime = maxtime; $(this).datetimepicker('destroy'); $(this).datetimepicker(optionsAll); $(this).datetimepicker('refresh'); //$.datepicker._selectDate($(this).attr("id"),date); //$.datepicker._base_getDateDatepicker(); // var inst = $.datepicker._getInst($(this)); // $.datepicker._updateDatepicker(inst); /*$(this).datetimepicker('destroy'); InputfieldDatetimeDatepicker($(this), mintime, maxtime); $(this).datetimepicker('refresh'); */ // $(this).datetimepicker('option', {minTime: mintime, maxTime: maxtime}); } } Can you have a look and find out what the Problem is?
      InputfieldDatetime.zip

Kind Regards
      Orkun
    • By dragan
      What the f*ck JavaScript? A list of funny and tricky JavaScript examples
      Some really odd stuff there... worth scanning through. I chuckled more than once...
      "b" + "a" + +"a" + "a"; // -> 'baNaNa' NaN === NaN; // -> false (![] + [])[+[]] + (![] + [])[+!+[]] + ([![]] + [][[]])[+!+[] + [+[]]] + (![] + [])[!+[] + !+[]]; // -> 'fail' typeof NaN; // -> 'number' (It ain't new, so sorry if this has been posted previously here)
    • By John Bates
      Which is better Elm or Typescript?